Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Eurofins EAG Laboratories is a leader in advanced microscopy,
surface analysis and materials characterization testing services
for various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to
nanotechnology. We enable our clients to develop new materials with
the potential to transform our world. Our laboratories are at the
forefront of this revolution, providing the scientific expertise
and analytical techniques to support companies at every phase of
the product lifecycle, from R&D to manufacturing.
Our clients include leading edge tech companies in a diverse
range of industries and business sectors who design, manufacture or
incorporate novel materials for tomorrow's technology driven world.
Our scientists and engineers engage in peer-to-peer interaction to
discuss and comprehensively understand client issues, challenges,
goals and urgency; to define the technical problems; develop and
execute analyses; and report back results. We have a growth mindset
culture where individuals are encouraged to drive their own success
and make their own decisions while fulfilling client needs.
EAG Laboratories is looking for a Scientist who will be
responsible for operating analytical instrumentation, developing
analysis protocols, interpreting data, writing reports and
communicating with clients. The ideal candidate will be energetic
and enthusiastic with demonstrated skills in running AFM and/or
nanoindentation instruments and acquiring high quality data. The
ideal candidate will also be able to interpret AFM and
nanoindentation data and communicate this information to
Use of information in this role is subject to the International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be
U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen,
U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political
Asylee, or Refugee.
- Demonstrate competency with laboratory work and use of
- Design experiments with minimal assistance from management
and/or experienced scientists
- Acquire and interpret AFM and nanoindentation analytical data
and apply understanding to solving the specific problem for
- Write scientific reports that includes conclusions,
methodology, and supporting analytical data
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- M.S or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics, materials science or
electrical engineering with a minimum of 2yrs. experience.
- Experience in measurements such as scanning capacitance
microscopy (SCM), scanning spreading resistance microscopy (SSRM),
conductive AFM and other electrical AFM measurements
- A thorough understanding of semiconductor device operation and
electrical characterization is highly desirable
- Experience in nanomechanical testing and a thorough
understanding of the theory and practice of mechanical testing of
materials on the nanoscale
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and
spoken, are essential.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to accuracy.
- The ability to work to deadlines in a team-oriented
- Have impeccable customer service skills.
- Working effectively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with firm
- Able to communicate constructively with other scientists, team
members and clients.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook,
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Sunnyvale , AFM/Nanoindentation Scientist, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!