Human Resources Manager
Company: Hogwarth Worldwide
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Hogarth Worldwide is the world's leading creative content
production company. Born to make the best work brilliantly, we
combine craft, insight and technology to bring creative work to
life for many of the world's most famous brands.
Founded 13 years ago, Hogarth has grown from a start-up to over
4,500 people, across 30 key cities and is now part of the WPP.
Obsessively striving for better is in our DNA, it is the reason for
our existence and continues to drive us forward in all that we do,
making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to
achieve your career ambitions.
What does a Human Resources Manager at Hogarth?
The Senior Human Resources Manager has responsibility for all
day-to-day Human Resources activities for Hogarth CA. Core areas
include people strategy, employee relations; Federal, California
state and local compliance; onboarding; culture cultivation and
staff engagement; talent development; retention; benefits
administration; HR operations (i.e. HR systems and analytics).
- Ensures that HR is a safe place to solve employee relations
issues and provide guidance.
- Helps manage conflict and creatively resolve issues to mitigate
- Surfaces employee issues to Human Resources Director and/or
Managing Director as appropriate.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and
investigations along with Human Resources Director, documenting any
employee relations issues.
- Coaches managers on effective management techniques through
formal training sessions and one-on-one meetings as needed.
- Innovative, a champion for change, making informed
recommendations on policies, systems and structure that will
benefit our business as a whole, aligning with Global
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent
management, and employment law.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that
provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Emphasizes the Core Values in all actions and activities
incorporating an incentive and total rewards program to
continuously encourage staff growth and excellence.
- Cultivates a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion through
passive and active programs (i.e. workshops, mentorship programs,
leadership programs, information shared on Workplace, etc.).
- Manages on-going monthly and quarterly learning sessions and
town halls, fostering communication throughout Hogarth CA.
- Manages retention through onboarding (i.e. new hire orientation
and IT security briefing), staff engagement surveys and offboarding
(i.e. conducting and analyzing exit interviews)
- Work with talent partners to ensure we are hiring the most
aligned candidates as well as cross-checking with managers to
ensure new hire is a great fit (i.e. satisfaction surveys and
30/60/90 day check-in).
- Maintains the Hogarth CA work structure by updating job
requirements and job descriptions for all positions, aligning with
managers and Global job architecture as appropriate.
- Oversee benefits administration (plan management and
recommendations, including training, wellness programs, LOA, etc.),
compliance testing and mandatory reporting.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the
organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Support HR systems and leverage HRIS data for reporting,
analysis and business decisions.
- Work with our parent company, WPP, to provide reports and data
and ensure our policies and practices are compliant.
- Work with Global HR partners to align initiatives and best
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks, and participating in professional
societies related to the human resources industry.
- Maintains affiliations with appropriate industry leaders and
- Represents the company at appropriate industry, community and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Display a sense of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to work as a part of a team, with a range of
- Demonstrated sound work ethic and flexibility.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations,
specifically as it relates to the state of California.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the
organizations HRIS system.
- Minimum five years of Human Resource Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in Employee Relations required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), SHRM Senior Certified
Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM California Law HR Specialty
credential highly preferred.
These physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this role
- While performing the responsibilities of this role, the
employee is required to talk and hear.
- Employee is often required to use their hands and fingers to
handle or feel.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with
arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Often required to access and navigate various departments at
the organization's facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with
disabilities to perform the described essential responsibilities of
Diversity and Flexibility
Hogarth is committed to diversity and inclusion, through our
ideas, our people, how we behave and conduct ourselves. Creating a
truly inclusive culture at all levels of the organisation that
encourages different points of view, making Hogarth not only a
better company and place to work but an environment where everyone
experiences connection, opportunity and a sense of belonging.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways,
including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please
talk to us at interview about the flexibility you may need.
Please contact us if you need the job advert or application form
in a different format: email@example.com
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing
personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and
applications for employment.
When you click the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of
this page, this will send all the information you have added to
Hogarth WW. Before you do this, we think it's a good idea to read
through our Privacy statement. This explains what we do with your
personal data when you apply for a role with us, and, how you can
update the information you have provided us with or how to remove
Keywords: Hogwarth Worldwide, Sunnyvale , Human Resources Manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!