Senior CAD Engineer
Company: Amazon Lab126
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile
consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of
products and groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and
Amazon Echo. We are embarking on a new initiative that requires
setting up SOC CAD infrastructure from scratch.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up the
automation and work flows for our cutting edge SOC development team
including front-end design, verification and emulation areas as
well as physical design dashboards and automation. The workflows
will include automation to run EDA tools in the AWS cloud. This
role is crucial to the productivity of the team and quality of
products delivered to devices customers.
You will be expected to have overall knowledge of RTL tools and
methodology ranging from static tools like compile, Lint, CDC, and
integration workflows like IP quality checks, handoff checklists to
backend. Candidate will also evaluate tools and vendors, and drive
next generation methodologies for SoC RTL development. Candidate
should have a flair for automation, enjoy working with teams (local
and remote) have excellent communication skills, and provide
mentorship and guidance to frontend and backend teams.
In this role, you will:
- Create infrastructure and work flows for of RTL code including
compile, Linting, CDC, code generation from embedded macros,
- Create verification infra including regression scripts,
regression automation on cloud infrastructure
- Create triage methodologies like log post parsing, report
generation, and failure reproduction.
- Automate and Integrate work flows with source code control like
- Create Synthesis scripts including DFT insertion steps; Parse
QOR files and create QOR reports for dashboarding and trends
- Create PD infrastructure and scripts for managing netlist
releases from frontend team to PD team, gate keepers for QOR of
netlist being delivered, QOR extraction for various steps of the PD
process for evaluating progress through PD process
- Bachelors or Master's degree in EE, CE, or CS
- At least 10 years of RTL domain experience
- 5+ years of automation experience with scripting languages such
as unix shell scripts (csh/bash), Perl, and Python
- Experience developing methodologies, aiding teams in adopting
- Knowledge of latest frontend and backend EDA tools like VCS,
Spyglass, DC, Primetime, LEC etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Knowledge of AWS cloud compute infrastructure
- End to end design cycle (frontend and backend) from
specification, to implementation, to handoffs/closure.
- Proficiency in power estimation and power management tools
- Exposure to emulation workflows (like
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon Lab126, Sunnyvale , Senior CAD Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!