Sr. Global Comodity Manager
Company: Amazon Lab126
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a member of the Commodity Management Team, you will engage
with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design
and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive,
flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer
The Sr. Global Commodity Manager is a critical part of the
Kindle development process and is responsible for formulating,
communicating, and executing a sourcing strategy relative to their
respective commodity. The commodity manager leads supplier sourcing
/ selection activities and successfully manages the supplier
relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of
delivering high quality, cost effective materials to support
production requirements. The commodity manager ensures that their
respective commodity meets the technical specifications and cost
requirements necessary for Lab126 to develop great products for its
- Collaborate within the Global Commodity Management Mechanical
team and across Supplier Quality and Engineering to develop a
commodity strategy and technology roadmap that aligns technology
and business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom
- Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design
decisions to meet technical capabilities, and business
- Manage the Approved Vendors List (AVL) for commodity, supplier
selection and qualification.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous
improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and
future sourcing requirements.
- Deliver periodic executive business review of commodity
sourcing strategy, considering the industry landscape, supplier
capabilities, scale and performance, product and technical roadmaps
and strategic business objectives.
- Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier
performance, capability development, cost and quality
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous
analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical
- Travel periodically to supplier's manufacturing sites.
- Support Lab126 OEM supplier initiatives including technology,
quality, cost, supply, environment, ethics, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or
- 7+ years of experience in high volume manufacturing operations
or sourcing environment.Experience in supplier / supply chain
- Global supply chain experience managing cross functional teams
in a fast pace consumer electronics product company.
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
- Experience in mechanical technologies (e.g. injection molding,
die casting, stamping, forging, metal injection molding, liquid
silicone rubber molding, compression molding, decoration and
- Experience with Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel.
- Negotiation experience with global suppliers with a proven
track record of success.
- Master's degree in supply chain or engineering
- Strong leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role
with cross-functional peers.
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic
sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated
- Knowledge of Agile.
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation
analysis, supplier selection).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is
an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Keywords: Amazon Lab126, Sunnyvale , Sr. Global Comodity Manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!