Senior Accountant- Finance, Process and Systems
Company: Juniper Networks
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic accounting professional to join
the Corporate Accounting Team as our Senior Accountant of Finance
Process & Systems. The role reports to the Accounting Manager of
Finance Process, & Systems and is an active part of Corporate
Controllership organization. The right candidate for this role will
have strong general accounting knowledge, with experience in
financial analysis with large data sets. This individual must also
have an exceptional eye for detail, be an effective multi-tasker
with strong communication skills, and be a true team player.
This position will support the execution of enterprise-wide
initiatives, M&A integrations, new business models, system
implementations, finance projects, and process improvements to
bring about the best practices to the Company. As such, the
candidate needs to have experience working in and an understanding
of accounting operations relating to the financial close process in
a global public company. The individual in this role will gain
exposure and insight as to Juniper's financial & close processes,
organizational structure, and will be directly involved in
cross-functional project collaboration.
- Support the execution of enterprise-wide initiatives, M&A
integrations, new business models, system implementations, finance
projects, and process improvements to bring about the best
practices to the Company.
- Assist with the implementation of new systems and
operationalization of new accounting policies, and their
incorporation into the monthly/quarterly close process.
- Provide support to the development of continuous process
improvements to the RTR track to increase operational efficiencies
while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the underlying
- Perform user testing of new functionalities, actively track
status of defects through resolution, meet project milestones, and
ensure a smooth go-live while minimizing the impact to the
integrity of financial data and the month-end close process.
- Effectively manage personal deliverables against project
milestones, provide regular updates, and proactive communication to
- Build collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams,
such as project managers, IT, Technical Accounting, Tax, Business
Operations, and our in-house Shared Services Center (ISSC) in
- Support month-end and quarter-end close activities as
- 6+ years of operational/general ledger accounting, and
financial analysis experience
- Understanding of the financial close and reporting process of a
- Ability to manage ambiguity, risk, and changing direction of
projects and strategies.
- SAP experience a must, with additional ERP experience strongly
desired (NetSuite, etc.)
- Exceptional Excel skills are required.
- Experience with Hyperion reporting tools desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and able to work with different time zones.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA preferred.
Keywords: Juniper Networks, Sunnyvale , Senior Accountant- Finance, Process and Systems, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!