PFU America, Inc. (PAI), based in Sunnyvale, California, is the
innovation arm of PFU group companies worldwide. PAI is
continuously striving to create and explore new businesses and
opportunities, for our group companies, to provide preeminent and
innovative solutions. In addition, we deliver corporate support to
our subsidiary companies in the United States in areas such as
Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, IT, and Legal & Compliance
support. This consolidated business operation allows the business
divisions to focus on its strategic goals and core activities.
Learn more about PAI here: https://www.pfu.fujitsu.com/us/
PAI is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent
communication skills and an upbeat attitude to join our Cost
Accounting team. We are looking for someone who is professional and
attentive while also being accurate. You should always be prepared
and responsive and willing to meet challenges directly.
Primarily responsible for all facets of cost accounting, which
include but are not limited to month end close, analyzing
variances, standard cost, budget and forecast support, reporting,
inventory analysis, special projects and process improvements.
Cost Accounting 60%
- Inventory Management
- Reconcile monthly inventory value includes in transit;
- Reconcile inventory value which is located at customer on
- Reconcile work-in-process variances;
- Prepare and analyze inventory reserves quarterly with
- Reconcile inventory re-evaluation due to transfer price
- Responsible for managing inventory sub-ledgers;
- Responsible for inventory aging, gross and net reports;
- Responsible for distributors inventory report;
Perform and assist in yearly physical inventory.
- Revenue Analysis
- Reconcile and analyze sales return quarterly;
- Reconcile and analyze monthly revenue;
- Monthly accrual of sales proceeds from third party
Responsible for the proper recognition of revenue between
different business division.
- Cost Analysis
- Reconcile and analyze monthly material and overhead costs;
- Reconcile and analyze any variances from inventory and work
- Perform transfer price updates and analyze proper adjustments
- Responsible for analyzing and closing work orders;
- Reconcile and adjust actual freight and reserve releases;
- Analyze burden rate or freight overhead with management;
- Analyze warranty reimbursement and cost accrual;
- Analyze and accrue for service labor cost and warranty
- Analyze and calculate third party maintenance scanner
Responsible for the proper recognition of cost between different
- Monthly accounting closing activities, including preparation of
- Other Balance Sheet and Expense Analysis
- Reconcile deferred discount for service business;
- Analyze expensed materials and recognize sales tax as
- Analyze and track temporary prepaid monthly activities;
- Calculate quarterly Fujitsu Brand HQ expense charges.
Financial Reporting - 25%
- Perform and report PAI group consolidated financials;
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statement reports
in regards to all facets of P/L and inventory to be distributed to
Special Projects as assigned 15%
OTHER ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Prepare, analyze and assist in year-end audit and tax filing
- Prepare inventory locations for quarterly tax package;
- Prepare, analyze monthly billing base revenue;
- Quarterly Logistics Survey preparation;
- Perform mid-month posting of cost transactions to GL;
- Assist operations and outside warehouse with various
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 4 years experience within an Accounting or
Finance corporate environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Knowledge: Demonstrate cost accounting knowledge and strong
understanding of Microsoft Excel, SAP ERP at the intermediate
- Skills: Oracle R12 experience preferred and inventory
experience at a contract manufacturer a plus; strong verbal and
written communication skills.
- Abilities: Ability to overcome challenges to meet tight
deadlines; team oriented and continuous improvement mindset; able
to be discreet with confidential/sensitive information.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age or veteran status.