When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Verizon has just initiated an HCM Transformation program. This
is a multi-year program to move Verizon's highly customized on
premise PeopleSoft HR and Payroll processes to Workday HCM Cloud.
Through this transformation we will look to redesign and simplify
our HR and Payroll processes, leverage the mobile capabilities
delivered with Workday, as well as increasing our data analytics
capabilities through deploying dashboards directly to the
management population. The employee experience is at the heart of
this design, as we drive the user experience and enable our
employees to engage with HR/Payroll as they wish to.
You will be responsible for testing for the Workday product. In
addition due to the complex nature of our current on-prem
infrastructure, we have a number of custom applications which have
been built which will need migrating over to either Workday Extend
or another PaaS solution. You will also coordinate the testing of
You will also be responsible for coordinating and leading test
activities across all test phases, including functional unit
testing, end-to-end testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Develop the overall test strategy inclusive of all test phases
with support from the Verizon team.
- Provide leading practice testing approaches and
- Provide guidance on opportunities to automate test
- Work with functional and technical team leads to define
specific test requirements and approaches.
- Provide baseline sample test scenarios for all test
- Central point of contact for all UAT metrics and tracking.
- Manage the testing defect sprints for backlog and release
- Defect Prioritization and scheduling.
- Create and implement Agile testing approach.
- Develop a governance model for testing standards and
- Develop and manage the test script library.
This position will allow you to work from your current
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Functional Workday experience with HCM/Payroll Workday
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Experience in a large professional services firm, ideally in a
delivery consultant role or business development capacity.
- Experience of at least 1 full lifecycle implementations with
Workday HCM / Payroll Cloud.
- Experience in process design and system configuration.
- Experience motivating, delegating and influencing teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.