Principal Software Development Engineer
Company: Fortinet Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Working at Fortinet is not just another job, it's about making a
difference and enable the best in class systems. At Fortinet ,our
culture is defined by our values of Openness, Team work and
The FortiSwitch team is working on a new management and
monitoring project and is looking experienced engineers to help
drive development of their exciting new products!
Responsibilities will range from getting the core system up and
running, to brainstorming, prototyping, and implementing new
features that vary from industry standard to experimental. You'll
be working closely with the other developers in a small team, as
well as project managers and other stake holders. Developing and
maintaining proprietary code, as well as open source and other
third party packages.
You may work closely with developers on other projects to help
design and develop systems that benefit both projects
Depending on your expertise work can vary from libraries in C,
python and node code, web frontends and UX design, databases,
containerization, machine learning, and other kinds of intelligent
- Work with developers within the team and on other projects, as
well as project management to drive, develop, and maintain the
- Brainstorm new ideas and approaches with your team members and
product management for topics such as data collection, data
storage, data analysis, UI design, UI optimization, and device
- Integrate, maintain, and improve both 3rd Party and proprietary
- Design and implement core systems and frameworks, as well new
features that build off them.
- Lead design, and implementation on a variety of user interfaces
with an emphasis on easy management of thousands of devices.
Depending on your areas of expertise this can be CLIs, web
interfaces, REST APIs, and systems that support all of them.
- Drive investigation into new technologies, and the application
of those new technologies.
- 10 years' experience in software engineering.
- Strong C/Linux, OR python experience is essential.
- Experience in full stack web development is a plus.
- Experience with node.js is a plus.
- Experience with embedded systems is a plus.
- Experience with networking is a plus.
- Experience with containerization and writing cross-platform
wrappers/APIs is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Keywords: Fortinet Inc, Sunnyvale , Principal Software Development Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!