Senior SoC Implementation Engineer
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The team that built the innovative Silicon IP AZ1 Neural Edge
that is powering the latest generation of Echo devices is looking
for a Senior SoC Implementation Engineer to continue to innovate on
behalf of our customers. We are a part of Amazon Lab126 that
revolutionized reading with our Kindle family of products and
reimagined user experience through Echo and Alexa. We want you to
help us build on the success of our first generation of ML
accelerator at edge.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Senior SoC Implementation Engineer, you will be part of an
advanced engineering team developing new silicon designs to enable
Amazon devices. In this role, you will be responsible for
developing the implementation flow from RTL to GDS2 for a range of
new SoCs. You will work closely with architects and IP teams to
integrate various IPs at the chip level and oversee the physical
implementation of the SoC including synthesis, floorplanning, place
and route and DRC. You will work closely with third party vendors
and semiconductor foundries.
You will work closely with multi-disciplinary groups including
Product Design, System Architects, IP developers, and Software
Engineering, to verify and deliver complex, high volume SoCs that
enable development of world-class hardware devices.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement flows and mechanisms to enable the
RTL2GDS2 for new SoCs
- Oversee synthesis, floorplan development, and place and route
for entire SoC
- Work closely with third party design and fabrication services
to deliver quality first pass silicon that meets all performance,
power and area goals
- Supervise and mentor other engineers
- Bachelor's degree or higher in EE, CE, or CS
- 10+ years or more of practical semiconductor implementation
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python, tcl, shell and drive to
- Proficiency in chip front-end and back-end implementation tools
such as Fusion compiler, Design Compiler, ICC2 or Innovus and
- Must have good communication and analytical skills.
- Should be able to work closely with IP Design teams and Backend
Physical Design teams across multiple sites.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
- Experience with memory compiler
- Experience with formal equivalence - Cadence Conformal/Synopsys
- Have in depth knowledge of entire design process from Design
specification, defining architecture, micro-architecture, RTL
design and functional verification
- Experience with DFT and DFM flows
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Senior SoC Implementation Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!