Sr. Technical Writer (H)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Sr. Technical Writer 8665 (H)
A leading tech company in the professional networking industry
is looking for a Sr. Technical Writer to join the team. The
successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with
engineering and operations teams to help plan, write, and edit
external engineering documentation. The ideal candidate has prior
experience in Internet technology and with in-code documentation
systems, as well as knowledge of Python, Java, or other programming
languages. The company offers a great work environment!
Sr. Technical Writer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $70-$80/hr
- Worksite: Leading tech company in the professional networking
industry (Sunnyvale, CA 94085)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Sr. Technical Writer Responsibilities:
- Write and organize external engineering documentation and make
it accessible and useful to engineers.
- Document complex internal and external APIs, infrastructure,
systems, tools, and software engineering practices.
- Work with engineers and teams to help solve their information
- Represent the Technical Documentation team on project teams and
perform technical project leadership roles, while fostering
teamwork and collaboration within and across workgroups.
- Assist with engineering blog posts, conference papers, and
- Anticipate issues and address them proactively.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute documentation projects under only
very general direction.
- Participate in documentation craftsmanship efforts, including
design and development of documentation distribution systems,
writing and editing processes, and best practices.
- Help to improve the process of organizing and generating
Sr. Technical Writer Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a technical writer
- B.A. or B.S. in Technical Communications, computer science, or
a related field
- Experience with API writing and development procedures,
including but not limited to designing and organizing content for
new API products, working with customer support teams and clients
to collect requirements for doc updates, and identifying and
proposing solutions to improve docs and processes.
- Experience with software development practices and tools (such
as Git and command-line interfaces)
- Experience with or knowledge of Markdown. Experience making API
calls through clients such as Postman or curl.
- Experience working with different engineering teams, and
managing documentation projects.
- Prior experience in Internet technology (preferred)
- Knowledge of Python, Java, or other programming languages
- Experience with in-code documentation systems (such as Sphinx)
- 40 hours/week, 12 Month Assignment
Keywords: Avispa, Sunnyvale , Sr. Technical Writer (H), Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!