Software Development Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us
We're looking for outstanding leaders who combine superb people
skills with a demonstrated ability to get complex systems up and
running quickly and effectively. You will be working with a unique
and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced
mission to conceive and deliver new products. The team faces a
challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance
requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a
fast-paced, highly inventive and often uncertain environment, and
contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating
leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Do you have the courage to tackle a mind-bending computer vision
challenge? Do you want to lead a team of high performers to deliver
robust, production-quality code that solves complex real-world
problems? Do you want to change the lives of an entire generation
of Amazon customers? If you do, come you should join this team.
Come and invent the future with us.
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering
- Experience in partnering with product and program management
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering,
or related field
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through
actual launch and SLA-driven operations
- Experience designing and implementing Software API's, SDK's and
- Demonstrated leadership responsibility for delivery of a
technically demanding product, in a team environment
- Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers and
developing their careers
- Master's degree or PhD in computer science, computer
engineering, or electrical engineering
- Experience with Android Frameworks or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present complex technical information in a clear and
concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving
- Superior design and architecture knowledge
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating,
scheduling and executing on committed schedules
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery as
an individual contributor and leader
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Software Development Manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!