SR Operations Program Manager
Company: Amazon Lab126
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices
group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving
customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
The Operations Program Manager will work with the leadership
team within Device Product operations in creation, launching and
optimization of operational efficiencies in NPI and sustaining
operations of Consumer Electronic devices. This person has a
business orientation and is responsible for working within the
local and remote operations, engineering and software teams driving
development, implementation and management of the program launch.
The individual would have worked in supporting new products in an
operations/manufacturing role pertaining to Consumer Electronics or
similar and have proven persuasive and excellent communications
skills. It is important that the Device Operations Program Manager
also have strong supply chain background to support global material
shortage issues across 3P programs.
As a Senior Operations Programs, you will engage with an
experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and
develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive,
flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer
environment. In this role, you will:
- Single Threaded Owner (STO) for all aspects of Operational
readiness at the program level for Fire TV, automotive, sound bars
and a growing number of product categories
- Support offshore ODM factory line build readiness and overall
operations (including manufacturing setup, process, quality and
- Coordinate with internal and external cross functional teams on
launching third-party (3P) projects (Amazon's SW only or SW + HW
integrated into 3rd party HW)
- Monitor supply and fulfillment of devices (including supply
chain, materials, logistics, trade-compliance, PLC milestones &
device registration process)
- Travel as required to accomplish business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management,
product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years' experience in consumer electronics device operations,
throughout the product life cycle from concept to EOL.
- Experience partnering with geographically dispersed and/or
- Experience with developing and deploying organizational
strategies and goals.
- Experience in developing and writing white papers and
presenting in executive level meetings
- Previous Amazon 1P experience is preferred but not
- Master Level or greater, level of education.
- 10+ years' experience in consumer electronics device
operations, throughout the product life cycle from concept to
- Experience working in a various geographic locations.
- Published articles, authored or co-authored journal or similar
- Strong materials and supply chain background
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please
Keywords: Amazon Lab126, Sunnyvale , SR Operations Program Manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!