Site Reliability Engineer
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Apex Systems is currently looking to hire a 100% Remote Site
Reliability Engineer! Please email an updated resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Thank you!
Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) fill the mission-critical role
of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy,
monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your
background as an operations generalist to work closely with our
development teams from the early stages of design all the way
through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal
candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves
deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will
also believe that automation is a key component to operating
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health,
performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features
and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and
effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms
are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical
discipline, or related practical experience.
- 2+ years' experience with troubleshooting in Unix/Linux
- UNIX/Linux systems administration background.
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, Java/Scala, or C)
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM
- Python experience, specifically for systems automation.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening,
speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse,
team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures, relational and
non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems,
web architecture, and related topics
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Apex Systems, Sunnyvale , Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!