Camera Characterization Engineer
Company: Amazon Lab126
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Amazon LAB126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As Image Quality Test Engineer you will be joining the Camera
and Vision Systems Evaluation and Characterization team tasked with
developing and implementing test methodologies (both lab and field
based) and defining metrics and IQ KPIs for still and video image
quality at a component, module and device level. You will be
supporting the camera hardware, software, QA and product management
teams during all phases of the product development process from
concept to mass production. We're looking for an imaging expert who
is passionate about image quality and has a creative approach to
experimental design and problem solving. If you're excited about
learning new things and by the opportunity to redefine how our
consumer devices are developed, this is the role for you!
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and maintain
objective and perceptual image quality KPIs.
- Design, implement and execute manual and automated still and
video image quality test procedures at an imaging sensor, camera
module and device level.
- Produce accurate, detailed and comprehensive image quality and
competitive analysis reports and presentations for both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Write and maintain test & analysis documentation
- Identify use-cases and perform field testing of photographic
- Help to create robust and scalable factory test & validation
systems (both module and FATP)
- Help to generate new tests and metrics for Computer Vision, IR
cameras and depth sensing solutions. Bachelor's degree in
Engineering / Science or related field
- Experience with digital imaging, including camera technology
(sensor, VCM, ISP, 3A, system architecture etc), imaging science
(light, color, noise, dynamic range etc) and optics.
- 5+ years of experience working on image quality evaluation for
imaging sensors, digital cameras or other imaging systems.
- 5+ years of experience of designing, implementing and running
image quality test protocols, performing data analysis and
- Experience implementing automated test solutions including test
- Work experiences with TestRail or other test tracking
- Work experiences with test automation
- Video quality testing in streaming applications a big plus
- Scripting experience (e.g. Perl, Python, Shell) and with
- Hands-on experience with Imatest, IQ Analyzer, DxO, Video
Clarity or similar IQ evaluation platforms
- Experience with subjective / perceptual image quality on
consumer products Master or Ph.D. degree in imaging science,
optical science, sensing technologies, physics or equivalent.
- Strong analytical and experimental design skills
- Experience of production-level code development in C/C++ in
consumer electronics and associated testing
- Understanding of manufacturing test environments.
- Understanding of embedded systems and firmware.
- Knowledge and hands-on practice in image quality and 3A
- Hands-on experience with MatLab and statistical analysis is a
- Experience in computer vision metrics and methodologies.
- Experience testing systems, components and devices operating
outside the HVS.
Keywords: Amazon Lab126, Sunnyvale , Camera Characterization Engineer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!