Executive Communications Leader
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Executive Communications Leader
NetApp' s Corporate Communications Team is looking for an
executive communications leader that collaborates with select
executive leaders on the development and implementation of
strategic communications platforms that help advance our corporate
narrative and business strategy. Specifically, in this role, the
senior manager will serve as a strategic communications partner to
senior executives, including the Chief Human Resources Officer and
Chief Financial Officer. She/He will report to the Head of
We are looking for an experienced communications strategist with
previous experience working for a large organization at the senior
executive level. Candidates must be able to develop and execute
creative, successful multi-channel communications strategies for
internal and external audiences and have excellent writing
- Serve as a communications strategist to C-Suite executives,
with a primary focus on NetApp's Chief Human Resources Officer and
Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop and execute executive platforms and integrated
communications strategy to proactively and reactively reach and
engage with internal and external audiences.
- Engage and coordinate cross-functionally across communications
/ marketing, executive stakeholders and subject matter experts to
ensure strategic business objectives are supported through
- Identify the best channels and formats to deliver executive
communications internally and proactively use data points / metrics
to adjust tactics and maximize impact.
- Develop and manage execution of all CFO communications across a
variety of needs and channels, including, All Hands, virtual site
visits, town halls, and more.
- Lead strategic storytelling that connects HR initiatives, such
as the Employee Experience, Future of Work and Diversity, Inclusion
& Belonging, to NetApp's larger corporate narrative and business
- Partner closely with CHRO and CFO's offices as well as the rest
of the executive communications team members, Internal
Communications and other key partners to develop internal and
external communications materials and ensure alignment.
- Partner closely with Investor Relations to help amplify key
earnings messages internally.
- Partner closely with the PR and social media teams to further
build executives' thought leadership presence and help advance our
corporate narrative in the marketplace.
- Support a range of transformation communications programs and
strategies that inform, develop knowledge, inspire and engage
- Manage external agency partners in support of specific projects
and ongoing, long-term assignments.
- Successfully measure the progress, results and impact of
communications efforts to produce actionable insights for continual
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 12+ years of experience in employee or internal communications,
executive communications, public relations, corporate
communications, or writing and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and influence senior
executives, providing positioning counsel and executing with a
sense of urgency
- Global perspective and experience working at a global company;
understanding and sensitivity to global differences
- Strong executive presence
- Proven ability to build relationships within the organization,
communicate regularly with key individuals and interface with all
levels of staff, including executive management;
- Strategic thinking and data-driven, proactive execution
- High emotional intelligence; strong interpersonal communication
- Experience contributing to business goals through strategic
communications for large, complex organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the
demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into stories and visual
- Deep understanding of modern communications tools, including
videos, podcasts, etc.
- Strong organization, program management and content development
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Flexible and resilient problem solver with the ability to build
consensus and manage sensitive situations
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally
- Proficient computer skills, including strong Microsoft Office
Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, Teams
and One Drive).
- Proven experience in Finance and IR communications, with fluent
knowledge of financial terminology, quarterly earnings process and
investor relations preferred
- Experience in HR/internal communications with deep knowledge of
how an HR function operates within a global organization
- Demonstrated experience in transformational programs and the
ability to provide leadership in change management strategy and
deliverables, while engaging multiple constituents and driving
time-sensitive communications preferred.
- Experience in and strong knowledge of the technology industry
- Experience working at a publicly traded company preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing or related field
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Executive Communications Leader, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!