Company: Pathways Home Health & Hospice
Posted on: June 8, 2021
For over 40 years Pathways has been a Bay Area pioneer, leader
and innovator in Hospice, Home Health, Palliative Care, Private
Duty, and Care Management services. We provide care at home or in
settings such as assisted living, a nursing home, or the hospital.
We have offices in Sunnyvale, South San Francisco, and Oakland.
Patients and their families know us for our personalized,
high-quality care, delivered with empathy, kindness, and
TITLE: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
SCHEDULE: Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon Full time
HOURS: 8:30am-5pm (hours are flexible)
Territory: Mountain View - Redwood City
The Home Health Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible
for providing skilled nursing care to assigned patients and their
families. Documents observations and interventions related to the
patient's environment physical, mental, social and emotional
status. Communicates patient status and needs to be based on a plan
of care with the Clinical Team Manager and other members of the
home care team. Performs duties consistent with the Vocational
Nurse Practice Act.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provides those services requiring the skills of a licensed
vocational nurse in accordance with the plan of care.
- Documents observations, clinical findings, problems, skilled
interventions, goals and discharge plans.
- Provides and documents skilled nursing care on all visits
(includes skilled observation of the patient's condition, skilled
care, and procedures and teaching of the patient and/or
- Communicates with the Clinical Team Manager or with the
physician and other members of the home care team informing them of
significant changes in the patients' condition and needs. Documents
- Attends and actively participates in the clinical team
multidisciplinary patient conference. When attendance is not
possible, provides appropriate input on assigned patients.
- Submits all documentation according to agency
- Meets established productivity standards.
- Demonstrates established clinical competencies.
- Uses agency provided telecommunication devices (i.e. cell
phone, voice mail, and pager) according to established
- Follows established standards for point of service technology,
documentation, and synchronization.
- Seeks out and maintains skills and knowledge relevant to
skilled home care nursing.
- Participates in agency sponsored in-service education.
- Participates in agency-sponsored quality improvement
- Assists in development of agency protocols, procedures and
policies as requested.
- Assesses, organizes and delivers teaching materials for
assigned home care patients as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned consisted with skills and
training and the mission and goals of Pathways.
- Current California LVN License. Must have "IV Blood Withdraw"
on discipline license.
- Minimum of one year of nursing experience.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with electronic
input and telecommunication devices.
- Current California driver's license and automobile insurance
with minimum Bodily Injury Liability coverage per agency
- Current CPR- American Heart Association "BLS Health Care
Provider" requested upon renewal
Keywords: Pathways Home Health & Hospice, Sunnyvale , LVN, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!