Electrical Lead Data Center
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Lead Data Center Facilities Electrical
The Cyxtera Data Center Facilities Lead is accountable for
planning, maintenance, and documentation of Data Center operations
and Electrical mission critical infrastructures toward the
economical and maximum utilization of facilities, equipment, and
contract resources. As a member of the Facilities Team, the Data
Center Facilities Electrical Lead ensures effective oversight of
all contractor activity and maintains fiscal responsibility of
projects and required maintenance practices.
About the Position
- Ensure operational efficiencies and best practices toward
maintaining availability / uptime of all 24X7 facilities Electrical
mission critical infrastructures.
- Ensure efficient and economic utilization of corporate
resources to effect budget maximization and minimize cost.
- Standardize and document all mission critical emergency and
operational procedures and maintain as-built documentation.
- Support customer requirements, facilitation, and sales
- Share technical knowledge and operational experience with team
members to enhance professional growth and promote cross training
- Act as technical liaison and subject matter expert between the
client and internal sales and operational teams
- Provide pre-sales technical support for sales and systems
engineering teams as appropriate.
- Ensure energy efficiency and optimization of electrical
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call emergency response & support as
necessary to maintain the highest level of integrity and
availability to building systems and Electrical infrastructure
- Maintaining Electrical infrastructure per manufacturers'
recommendation and corporate specifications.
- Coordinate services and activities of maintenance contractors
and service providers as appropriate to IDC facilities operations,
maintenance, design and construction services in support of
corporate and customer objectives.
- Manage projects and administration of professional consultants
and contractors providing building repair, and capital improvement
- Conduct inspections, surveys and develop recommendations and
specifications to improve, repair or modify Mechanical/Electrical
infrastructure and building systems toward the highest operational
integrity and energy efficiency.
- Develop work statements and MOPs.
- Interface with building management systems and other automated
tools and applications to ensure operational efficiencies.
- Maintain appropriate vendor relationships to perform the
necessary building repair and maintenance.
- Provide "on-call" emergency response as appropriate to
- Interface with Sales and Project Management professionals as
- Assume the Facilities Manager's duties during his/her
- Provide effective oversight, leadership and administration of
assigned projects which includes direction of project teams and
- Work directly with the customer and/or Cyxtera support staff to
identify and troubleshoot as necessary to isolate the root cause of
- Position includes standing, bending and kneeling, working from
ladders and climbing stairs, as needed to perform this task.
- Perform and execute necessary rounds such as Security and/or
Facilities rounds throughout the Data Center and around property as
directed to ensure the integrity of the site.
- Lifting of Cyxtera and/or customer equipment required up to and
in excess of 50 pounds. Server lifts can be utilized where
- Manage contractors, projects, and maintenance activities
pertaining to all Electrical infrastructure equipment and
- Evaluate data from building systems to ensure system
efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Perform daily inspections and documentation of all
infrastructure components as appropriate to all standard operating
- Develop standard and emergency operating procedures and prepare
work-scopes, and technical documentation as required.
- Establish cost estimates and participate in procurement
processes in support of operations and pricing activities.
- Develop project budgets and track for efficient use of
- Support the Facility Manager in the evaluation of space and
power capacity requests
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a mission critical
- Extensive operational knowledge of electrical distribution;
switchgear, transformers, automatic transfer switch, UPS, battery
management systems, generators, and PDUs to the branch level
- Individual should be a self-starter with problem solving skills
and able to carry out responsibilities with minimal
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills; experience in
technical writing and customer-facing presentations. (Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, CAD, etc.)
- Strong team player.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to successfully
interact with both internal and external customers.
- Strong project management, trouble-shooting and organizational
- Familiarity of local/national regulatory codes, guidelines, and
- Understanding of budgets and procurement processes.
- Competent use of Computerized Maintenance Tools (CMMS, BMS,
- Fluent PC skills (Microsoft Office & Outlook)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, ALC WebCTRL, and single-line
- Familiarity with diesel generators as emergency power
- Proficiency with basic electrical calculations
- Basic knowledge of HVAC is a plus.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a technical field preferred
but not required, relevant trade school certificate, or equivalent
- Military training or technical certifications in electrical
- 5+ years of experience in mission critical environment.
Cyxtera is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Cyxtera, Sunnyvale , Electrical Lead Data Center, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!