User Experience Researcher
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction
(HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or
equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods
including but not limited to usability studies, contextual inquiry,
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end,
usability, or generative setting.
- Master's degree or PhD in a related field.
- 8 years of relevant work experience within User Experience,
Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting, and/or
product research and development.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research
and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross
functional partners to drive impact.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of
different research methods, including when and how to apply them
during the product development process.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the
user and all else will follow." User Experience Researchers (UXRs)
make this possible.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary
teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists,
Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people
who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in
gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and
behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform
design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering
and product management to create industry-leading products that
deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google's
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you'll help your team of
UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs.
You'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and
delightful products. You'll work with stakeholders across functions
and levels and have impact at all stages of product development.
You'll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary
research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies,
participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing,
and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your
best work. You'll have the opportunity to work with and learn from
UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and
access to internal research tools.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive,
innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to
learn and understand our users' needs, behaviors, and emotions to
gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX
teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and
engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and
simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex
challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products'
unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions
while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google's
philosophy: "Focus on the user and all else will follow."
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field
visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and
online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs
to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business
requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written
reports and in-person presentations.
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , User Experience Researcher, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!