Regional Planning Manager - West
Company: Cushman & Wakefield
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Regional Planning Manager - West
Job Description Summary
The Regional Planning Manager is responsible for leading the
Planning and Move Add Change teams in development and
implementation of workplace solutions that are driven by our
client's business and cultural objectives. This role is
instrumental in cultivation of relationships with key business
contacts to align business needs and their space requirements with
This high growth, incredibly dynamic company requires a
motivated professional who as a leader and participant can drive
programming, critical analysis, information management, customer
communications and negotiations, and translate business
requirements into operational excellence resulting in the ultimate
What You Will Be Doing
- Support the Space Planning Manager and Workplace Strategist
with creation of the master space plan for the West Region, which
is growing substantially over the next few years.
- Coach the Planning and MAC teams in providing effective space
planning solutions and move management delivery for all project
types (expansions, relocations, consolidations, refreshes).
- Be comfortable with providing in-depth data analysis to support
space strategies and scenario planning.
- Provide clear and frequent project updates to leadership that
define multiple project status, schedule, and risks.
- Oversight for space planning activities in support of
day-to-day business needs; includes oversight for team ticket
- Develop strong relationships with Planners and business
contacts to understand product area focus, business adjacencies,
and departmental reorganizations.
- Support team in updating or establishing space stacking plans
and floor block plans, conduct space analysis, and create various
- Demonstrate proactive solutioning through root cause analysis,
solution development and evaluation of options using data analysis
and data visualization.
- Ensure compliance with core program standards - all tools,
processes, templates, and outputs standardized and customized to
- Implement regular communications to clients, as well as
internal and external stakeholders.
- Support integration of change management activities into the
- Enthusiastically provide options and creative solutions to
maximize space utilization and group productivity, foreseeing
issues before they develop.
- Integrate and understand furniture solutions as part of the
solution for the space issues.
- Financial tracking and reporting for all activity in assigned
territory; financial acumen required.
- Ensure playbooks are updated on a quarterly basis, with
communications to identify any changes.
- Meet regularly with Planning and MAC team members to evaluate
team performance and identify areas for improvement.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 5-10 years of space, facilities,
occupancy planning or move add change management experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience in project management, space &
occupancy planning, and workplace consulting in a commercial
- 3-5 years of stakeholder and people management experience.
- Experience as a Service Provider is a plus.
- MS Office Suite and space planning software experience
required; demonstrated experience with MS Excel at an intermediate
- AutoCAD/floor plan experience required.
- Understanding of corporate real estate/finance rules and
- Strong people manager skilled at motivating teams of varying
- Experienced in managing multiple projects of varied scope and
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external
partners to deliver effective services.
- Understands how to read architectural drawings, concepts &
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize for self and others.
- Assumes ownership of requests to ensure successful
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution.
Additional Job Description
Some travel will be required for this position until employee is
comfortable with the business needs, has built a strong
relationship with key stakeholders, and can perform their role
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield, Sunnyvale , Regional Planning Manager - West, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!