Senior UX Researcher - Device Design Group
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a highly experienced and motivated Senior UX
Researcher to join our growing team of mixed-methods researchers,
and raise the bar on how we gather and apply customer insights at
Amazon. Are you interested in joining the team to lead Amazon's
A day in the life
The ideal candidate will also have experience with best
practices to create long-term research roadmaps and opportunity
frameworks that align to and inform business strategy and goals. We
are a fast-moving organization, and the successful candidate will
therefore need to be nimble, creative, and have a pragmatic
approach to product user research. This position requires the
ability to work with minimal direction. The user researcher will
work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with
the ability to multi-task are critical. Amazon is a fast-paced and
exciting environment. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with
a high degree of ambiguity and will be able to thrive in a resource
About the hiring group
The Amazon Device and Services Design Group (DDG) creates
revolutionary products used by millions of customers around the
world every day - including Echo, Fire TV, Alexa Communications,
- Design and execute research to guide product development from
ideation through launch, including strategic generative research
that shapes product roadmaps and sparks ideas for new products and
- Help product teams and leadership determine the right research
questions to ask, creating long-term research roadmaps and
opportunity frameworks that align to and inform business strategy
- Synthesize a wide range of primary and secondary data types to
perform quick and thorough analyses leading to focused, insightful,
and actionable findings.
- Define and execute (and, as necessary, invent) research methods
appropriate to the questions at hand, including but not limited to
field work, interviews, surveys, usability testing, RITE studies,
heuristic evaluations, and A-B tests/experiments.
- Translate insights into measurable customer experience outcomes
aligned to business goals.
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of UX
designers, researchers, business partners, design technologists and
developers to develop innovative end-to-end solutions that address
top outcomes, and iteratively design and test these solutions until
outcomes are achieved or hypotheses are proven wrong.
- Persuade decision makers at all levels of the organization to
take aligned action on research findings - inspire them and help
them internalize opportunities to delight customers and
differentiate our service.
- Advance the development of insight-based knowledge management
systems to drive organizational decision-making and prioritization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- 7+ years of experience in the field of UX research, with a
strong portfolio that illustrates how your research informed
decision-making, ideally in the digital products and services
- Ability to independently drive multiple concurrent projects in
an agile environment.
- Varied knowledge of research methodologies and the proven
ability to execute the right methodology to get the needed
- BS in Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology,
Anthropology, or a related area.
- Understanding of the product design process and how research is
appropriately integrated at each phase.
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and
interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts
clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying
levels of the organization.
- Deep understanding of human motivations, capabilities, and
- Passion for understanding the latest learnings and innovations
in behavioral science, research methods, and UX design and applying
these to your work.
- Strategic, business-building approach to research with a
passion for translating data into bottom-line impact.
- MS or PhD in HCI, Psychology, Anthropology, or a related
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Senior UX Researcher - Device Design Group, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!