NPI program manager
Posted on: June 6, 2021
NPI Materials Program Manager - This role will support NPI
Program Management for Reagent and Assay new product introduction
teams and is responsible for leading activities such as: sourcing
decisions, design for cost and manufacturability, product cost and
roadmap, supplier qualification and approval, manufacturing and
supply chain readiness (capacity, continuity of supply, capability,
Agreements. This role works closely with Category Managers to align
long term strategic plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the
product deliverables for each phase and manages the Supply Chain
- Forms and leads cross-functional supply chain operations teams
(comprised of Supply Chain, Category Management, Supplier Quality,
Mfg Engineering, Supplier Engineering, Planning, and other members
as required) to define sourcing strategies and sourcing plans for
new products, including recommendations for new supplier selection
& evaluation as part New Product Introduction.
- Lead and influence supplier selection and guide alignment to a
sustainable long term supply chain and manufacturability.
- Serves as single point of contact to the Supply Chain team to
confirm supplier and production readiness in terms of production
capacity and approved critical parts manufacturing prior to key
- Manages the transition of new products from development to
pilot production then to volume production.
- Lead supplier performance projects specific to commodity
- Supports Global Supply Chain in all Kaizen and VPM
- Leadership in adhering to the product development process of
test and verification as part of the product release process.
Education or Experience (in years):
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience with a
Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree in Business
- A technical degree in: Biology, Microbiology, or other Life
Sciences discipline; or a technical competency in this area based
on related experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- Work collaboratively with supply chain and engineering
stakeholders; develop supplier selection process for piece parts or
outsourced assemblies and identify supply chain risks supporting
- Strong background in reagents, enzymes, and chemicals.
- Manage the product cost roadmap prior to production release;
analyze product cost and manufacturing cost models to drive
corrective action as required to achieve product cost targets.
- Fundamental understanding of should-cost or cost allocation &
recognizes opportunities to improve product design for
cost/quality/delivery with early supplier involvement.
- Creates and delivers presentations to program executives and
stakeholders. Provides feedback to engineering on DFx (cost,
manufacturability), and manages resources to drive the
- Supports new supplier introduction and/or disengagement
requirements to/from the strategic supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting
quality, cost, delivery, assets
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities
for managed categories
- Some travel domestically and internationally is required
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS (optional):
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Power Point, Agile, and SAP
- Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independent of
day to day supervision
- Direct experience leading cross-functional teams (CFT)
- Self-starter with the ability to adapt, critical thinking
skills, and problem solve under pressure
- Contract/supply agreement negotiation experience
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System
tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
202.419.7762 or email@example.com to request
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better
time to find out.
Keywords: Danaher, Sunnyvale , NPI program manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!