Production Planner/Scheduler 3
Company: JSR Micro
Posted on: June 6, 2021
EDUCATION/SKILLS & EXPRIENCES
- Industrial Engineers or related experience; requirement in BS+2
or MS+1; field of study is Industrial Engineering or related
- APICS Certification in Planning Scheduling, Master Scheduling
- 2 to 3 years Planning or scheduling experience
- ERP/SAP experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create detailed Manufacturing Instructions and Operation
Sequence to document new processes.
- Develop and implement production, logistics and warehouse
capabilities that include capacity planning, logistics planning,
network design and optimization, part flow analysis, inventory
optimization, operations planning and cost-to-serve analysis.
- Apply practical production, logistics and supply chain
knowledge to develop and manage implementation of production
processes and logistics solutions that are optimized for speed,
accuracy, cost efficiency, capacity and flexibility.
- Develop responsive and sustainable sequencing and metering raw
material flow channels that are optimized for high level of service
and low production risk.
- Develop decision support systems (DSS) and calculators to
assist in strategizing growth and evolution of production line,
warehouse and logistics network and capabilities - preferably in MS
Excel using VB.
- Simulate and conduct sensitivity analysis to stress test
existing production and logistical processes to identify
operational bottlenecks and production risks.
- Formulate and analyze what-if scenarios, design and evaluate
experiments, alternate and conceptual models.
- Champion the use of Operations Research and Data Science
concepts and techniques - like Mixed Integer Linear Programming or
Machine Learning - to solve production and logistics business
- Plan, organize, direct and conduct industrialization related
activities within the production supply chain team.
- Conduct risk assessment to identifying improvement
opportunities and develop/implement improvement plans
- Standardize progress by developing, deploying, and training
others on industrial and production engineering best practices
- Provide day to day production support on planning & logistical
concerns. Develop and implement short/long term countermeasure
problem while maintaining operation efficiency
- Provide dimensional expertise to support improvement projects
(first pass yield, cycle time, efficiency, safety, etc.)
- Responsible for process documentation; ensuring it is kept
current like PFMEA, standard works and Control Plan for resist
production and new product production ramp up.
- Analyze and breakdown dimensional data to identify source of
problem (Level 1 BOM, Level 2 BOM, Intermediate production, vessel
capacity, raw material availability, etc.)
- Perform root cause analysis (leveraging data) and develop
countermeasure emphasis should be placed on error proofing critical
jobs, and using SPC when pertinent.
- Analysis of downtime data to identify processes causing
downtime, or trends in overall performance.
- Work on continuous improvement projects and standardization to
support best in class lean manufacturing system
- Design & develop robust processes and procedures to promote
efficient and seamless production of high quality products.
- Collaborate with stakeholder teams like Operations, IT Systems
Developers, Production Engineers, Material Planning, and 3PLs to
prioritize and maximize operational support.
- Develop valid, feasible production schedules for finished goods
and component items based on equipment, labor and raw material
- Communicate late order fulfillment. Interact frequently with
sales, marketing and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and
- Balance production schedule for optimal inventory timing.
Actual vs. Scheduled Productions and Master Schedule Stability
- Identify materials with no further use, recommend
- Plan inventory to a specific months on hand target while
identifying and resolving forecast issues.
- Sequence vessels for optimized supply timing by grouping
similar grades in order to minimize redundant batch builds.
- Communicate raw material shortages before batch planning
- Update Toller Manufacturer on required batch builds and
- Identify products remaining in QC for over 3 days.
- Identify re-work possibilities before batch begins.
- Begin developing metric systems for identifying areas of
opportunity for improvement.
- Create and manage master data in SAP for FGI and WIP
- Communicate with other departments on issues proactively, drive
to resolution. Publish and perform root cause analyses on key
metrics including Customer Service Level,
Keywords: JSR Micro, Sunnyvale , Production Planner/Scheduler 3, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!