Director, Human Resources
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Dream. Drive. Do. At Cepheid, we tackle problems that are larger
than life. We are relentless in our pursuit of solutions for
patients. And every day, we wake up and face challenges head-on.
"Dream. Drive. Do." is our call to action. It reminds us why we are
here. And it motivates us to keep going - even when it seems
We are passionate about improving healthcare through faster,
more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team, you'll get
to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within
an environment that fosters career growth and development. Our
mission drives us, every moment of every day, to develop rapid
groundbreaking solutions for the world's most complex health
The Director, Human Resources will partner with business leaders
in our U.S. Operations organization to understand business
priorities and align talent solutions to attract, engage, develop
and retain our associate population. The ideal candidate must have
the ability to partner with leaders to develop talent strategies,
lead programs, handle initiatives as well as execute activities
from idea generation through implementation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute talent strategies for Cepheid's
Manufacturing Operations organizations in the Bay Area inclusive of
growth initiatives, leadership development, acquisition of early
talent and diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with leaders to build and support an employee
engagement strategy that facilitates organizational performance and
enables successful organizational change.
- Partner with business leaders on initiatives that engage
associates and promote retention of key talent. Understand
associate needs and facilitate effective communication channels
between leaders and associates.
- Champion the company's values and culture partnering with
business leaders, COE' s and HRBPs to align and support
organizational planning, talent acquisition, diversity initiatives,
talent development, compensation planning, performance management,
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the HR Business Partners
to ensure functional excellence. Ensure the growth and development
of their team as well as succession for the function.
- Lead special HR projects to achieve desired outcomes and
participate on project teams as assigned.
- Analyze HR metrics to drive key business strategies, enhance HR
organizational effectiveness and drive process improvements.
- Collaborate with process owners to explore opportunities to
optimize activities utilizing continuous improvement processes and
the Danaher Business System (DBS). Act as a change leader for
- Ensure company policies are communicated clearly and
administered in compliance with all labor laws and reporting
requirements of the countries supported.
- Act as point of resolution for escalation issues.
TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES: (REQUIRED)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and
- For people managers, ensure your associates attend and complete
all required trainings satisfactorily and on time.
Education and Experience (in years):
- 10 years of HR experience, with minimum of 5 years leading /
managing people and teams.
- 7 years of focusing on business partnering, succession
planning, engagement, leadership development, workforce planning,
diversity initiatives, organizational development and
- Broad understanding of the technical and functional components
of human resources, including: recruiting, talent management,
organizational design/development, goal setting, leadership
development, compensation, compliance, planning, M&A due
diligence and integration, employee communications; training and
development and employee relations.
- Must be able to work onsite in Sunnyvale, CA
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources
or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- US Citizen or Permanent resident of US
Knowledge and skills:
- Proven strategic human resource business partner, with an
excellent sense of business operations and an appreciation for the
interplay between the functional groups.
- Ability to build relationships and influence teams and
individuals at all levels of the organization
- Independent, self-starter - able to set agenda and drive
progress with little direction.
- Prior experience managing significant change/project
initiatives including change management experience
- Critical thinking and decision-making, analytical problem
solving, business astuteness, and process orientation
- Proven ability to recruit, train, and motivate employees to
balance staffing strength and develop future leaders
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business
- Strong command and utilization of talent metrics and analytics
and tools that support these including Microsoft Office products:
PowerBI and Excel
- Knowledge of US, employment laws and relevant institutions,
including EEOC, ADEA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA and FLSA
- Prior experience working in high impact and innovative company
- Experience using lean six sigma tools and methodologies
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence and communicate
at the L1 level
The statements in this description represent typical elements,
criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid
is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In
addition to Danaher's unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life's
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher, Sunnyvale , Director, Human Resources, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!