Manager, Technical Writing
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing or leading technical
- Experience in team management.
- Experience with source code written in Java, C++, Python and/or
- 10 years of technical writing experience.
- Experience producing technical documentation for a developer
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a
fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to build relationships and advocate the craft with
- Written and spoken communication skills.
About the job
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly,
concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a
technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing
conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example
code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical writers
play a big part at Google. They are a key link between engineers,
marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the
external users and developers, tying together many vital but
disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
Using your extensive technical and leadership experience, you
manage a team of writers, setting direction, giving feedback,
collaborating internally and lending specific content
As a Technical Writing Manager, you'll manage a team of
Technical Writers who develop documentation for developer
audiences. In this role, you will interact with engineering and
other internal and external groups to define team deliverables,
priorities and processes. You'll also contribute to the writing and
editing of the documentation and be a member of the process
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only
revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability
and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new
platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to
Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are
changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead a team of Technical Writers, setting the goals, priorities
- Identify and resolve issues relating to documentation project
schedules, resource availability, documentation structure,
documentation design and deliverables.
- Stay aware of trends and new tools and technologies in the
technical writing industry.
- Manage multiple competing priorities in support of multiple
products and services.
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , Manager, Technical Writing, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!