Data Scientist, Engineering
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics,
Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational
Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical
Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical
- 2 years of work experience in data analysis related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB,
pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with
statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate
analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and
using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both
teach others and learn new techniques.
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right statistical tools
given a data analysis problem. Effective written and verbal
About the job
As a Data Scientist, you will evaluate and improve Google's
products. You will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of
engineers and analysts on a wide range of problems. This position
will bring scientific rigor and statistical methods to the
challenges of product creation, development and improvement with an
appreciation for the behaviors of the end user.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, data scientists not
only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive
scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and
entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google
Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google
engineers are changing the world one technological achievement
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult,
non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods
as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and
requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing
deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide
insights at scale. Develop comprehensive knowledge of Google data
structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations
(e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with
effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of
stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization
methods to improve the quality of Google's user facing
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , Data Scientist, Engineering, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!