Sr. Software Development Engineer - Alexa AI
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that
powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our
mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI),
Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog
Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal
Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for
our customers. We're looking for a Software Development Engineer to
help build industry-leading conversational technologies that
As a Software Development Engineer for the Alexa team, you will
be responsible for translating business and functional requirements
into concrete deliverables with the design, development, testing,
and deployment of highly scalable distributed services. You will
also partner with scientists and platform engineers to help invent,
implement, and connect sophisticated algorithms to our cloud based
engines. A successful candidate should have knowledge of research
domains including AI, NLU, ML, and Dialog Management. They should
also be very agile in developing flexible software with respect to
scientific, experimentation methods and usage patterns. Additional
- Developing and maintaining core system features
- Helping define product features, drive the system architecture,
and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
- Working with scientists and other engineers to investigate
design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical
- Operate in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality
software against aggressive schedules.
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree or completion of Bachelor's degree
requirements in a STEM related field such as Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Information Technology, tech
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or
. MS in Computer Science
- Experience developing cloud software services and an
understanding of design for scalability, performance and
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining
REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment
in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly
innovative and fast paced environment.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Sr. Software Development Engineer - Alexa AI, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!