Stockroom Supervisor - Swing Shift
Posted on: June 6, 2021
20 FDA-cleared tests and 27 CE-IVD tests have been introduced by
Cepheid - from Healthcare Associated Infections to women's health,
sexual health, and virology. Current outstanding customer demand
and ever-increasing market size necessitates growing the global
manufacturing supply base, including worldwide expansion!
This is an exciting supervisory role where you will lead a team
of material handlers. You will build a positive work environment
where people do their best; empower others, and ensure each
individual feels his/her work is meaningful. Your responsibilities
include enabling the expansion of the current manufacturing supply
capacity, reducing cycling while driving improvements in yield and
overall product quality!
This position is located on site in Sunnyvale, CA.
Essential job responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment, including
forklifts, hand tools, and other equipment in the operation.
- Responsible for staffing, training, motivation and
- Establishes and maintains procedures for meeting company and
customer delivery commitments by handling materials, providing
labor, and ensuring effective use of time.
- Recommends and assists in implementing operating procedures and
promotes continual improvement within the Stockroom
- Defines critical metrics where vital (ideally through internal
or external benchmarking), analyze process performance and suggest
process improvement or user training.
- Ensures the stockroom operation is 5S ready 24x7 and promotes
5S activities to sustain warehouse organization and safety.
- Ensure completion of all assigned and required training
satisfactorily and on time
- High School Diploma/GED with 8+ years experience OR Bachelor's
degree with 5+ years experience
- 2+ years supervisory or management experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and
- Understanding of production scheduling and forecasting
- Experience with SOPs, GMP, ISO, JIT, MRP
- Reagent manufacturing experience preferred
- Related experience in a diagnostic, medical device, or
pharmaceutical environment preferred
- Ability to work in office and warehouse environments
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs; stand for several hours
- Available to work or be on call for coverage as needed
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment including but not
limited to forklift and pallet jack
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal
opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is
the Law" poster is available here.
Keywords: Danaher, Sunnyvale , Stockroom Supervisor - Swing Shift, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!