Lead the delivery of cost planning, estimating and value
engineering activities in the preconstruction phase of projects to
ensure success. Ensure complete and accurate estimates that
incorporate the effects of construction phasing, schedule, project
requirements, general conditions, etc. Interface with Operations,
Cost Planning Lead Team and Clients as required.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so
- Ensure that cost plans or estimates, including general
conditions, insurance and bonds, are accurate, complete and reflect
the actual requirements of the project. This includes ensuring that
there are an adequate number of qualified and financially sound
trade/subcontractor proposals received and evaluated.
- Keep abreast of current changes and trends in market pricing,
construction costs, methods and products.
- Work with the in-house & external development teams on
conceptual development proposals to come up with the best scheme,
including scope that should be expected for the type of product
- Participate in presentations to internal management, other
corporate managers and clients to explain the cost plan,
assumptions, value options, etc for the project. You will be part
of the team responsible for helping close the "sale".
- Understand LL EH&S requirements (GMR's) and ensure they are
accounted for in the cost plan.
- Support all sustainability efforts for project certification
and/or compliance with Lend Lease sustainability goals.
- Ensure appropriate estimate qualifications and exclusions are
written by the cost planning team and included in the submission
- Compare progressive iterations of design documents against
previous document issues and determine the cost and efficiency
effect during the design process.
- Work with the project team on value analysis and
constructability reviews. Challenge the design, project management
and construction teams with constructive and fact-based
- Ensure that the project risks and opportunities have been
evaluated and reviewed with senior management team.
- Actively contribute to the various benchmarking databases to
ensure we expand the data.
- Liaise with the construction delivery team to understand the
actual procured construction cost and understand any reasons for
variance to the budget.
- Work with the VDC teams to ensure we are optimizing digital
technologies in support of the cost planning function.
- Write the cost plan strategy and schedule to set the
expectation on the cost planning approach to the project.
- Prepare and assemble the presentation information packs to
present to clients and internal reviews to explain the cost plan,
assumptions, value options, etc.
- Produce a written document of the key insights that you have
got from your analysis of the cost and benchmarking, so that others
understand why you know the cost plan is correct.
- Be an active participant in developing the systems and tools
for the benefit of the whole cost planning team, including the cost
planning specific software.
- Assist with the training, development and upskilling of the
cost planning team for career growth and succession planning
- Ensure all required peer and manager reviews are completed
prior to releasing the cost plan.
- Promote a positive team environment and a collaborative
approach to problem solving.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Four-year construction or engineering degree, or equivalent
combinations of technical training and related experience.
- 8 or more years' experience in cost planning / estimating and
related functions plus thorough knowledge of corporate objectives
impacting estimating, estimating strategies and techniques and
construction contracts required.
- Management or technical training preferred.
- Some supervisory experience in a preconstruction capacity.
- Proficient in estimating and BIM software.
- Excellent management, leadership and communication skills.
Lendlease is all about creating places where people feel
comfortable in their environment, allowing us all to be the best we
can be. We have long upheld the values of Equity, Diversity &
Inclusion - no matter who our people are, where they are from, or
what their beliefs are. A diverse and inclusive workplace not only
means people feel valued and accepted, it helps build a better,
stronger and more innovative Lendlease.
Committed to advancing Equity, Diversity & Inclusion within our
workforce, our Americas CEO, Denis Hickey, is a signatory of CEO
Action for Diversity & Inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business
commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
At Lendlease, we are committed to building a better tomorrow,
where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. #diversity
Lendlease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to their protected veteran status and
will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please Click Here for an explanation of your Equal Employment
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Lendlease Job Applicant Privacy Notice for California
Please click on the link to view the Lendlease Privacy Notice
for California Residents
We are an E-Verify Participant: English & Spanish