Senior Research Associate, Protein Purification
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Our Client is looking for an experienced protein biochemist to join
the company’s drug discovery efforts. S/he is expected to play
a central role in efforts to identify and progress lead LYTAC
programs through their work in bioconjugation. A successful
candidate has a solid base in amino acid chemistry and working with
recombinant proteins and antibodies. This includes protein
purification and the synthesis and analysis of antibody-drug
conjugates (ADCs). A broad scientific background with a recent
emphasis on ADCs may be ideal as occasional forays outside the
central role of bioconjugation are likely.
- Conduct antibody conjugation reactions at small and large scale
using commonly employed lysine and cysteine chemistry.
- Optimize synthetic procedures and purification protocols for
ADCs to maximize both the efficiency of conjugation and product
- Analytical characterization of ADCs and naked Mabs by LC-MS,
SEC, IEC, and SDS-PAGE.
- Assess binding characteristics ADCs in vitro.Occasional
assessment of ADC bioactivity in cell-based assays.
- Maintain an accurate database of ADCs.
- Analyze, document, and report data.
- Present unbiased results in regular group meetings
- BS/MS in biochemistry or related field with a minimum of 2
years experience in the chemical conjugation of proteins and 7+
years total lab experience.
- Experience with intact mass analysis of proteins and/or ADCs by
LC-MS.Use of AKTA systems for protein purification via SEC, IEC,
and affinity chromatography.
- Experience with analytical SEC and reverse phase chromatography
- Sound understanding of biological buffers and the effect of pH
on amino acid chemical reactivity.
- Sound understanding of protein stability and the ability to
determine when a reagent (protein or ADC) is compromised.
- Experience with endotoxin testing and prevention of endotoxin
contamination of equipment and reagents.
- Basic tissue culture skills and understanding of data generated
in cell-based functional assays.
- Experience with electronic notebooks.
- Experience with Biacore or Octet desired but not required
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at their company. They do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Bevov, Sunnyvale , Senior Research Associate, Protein Purification, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!