When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How you will make an impact?
You will oversee the Sunnyvale Site Supply Chain group, part of
the Operations Department, encompassing material/production
planning, order management, sourcing, inventory management,
purchasing, stockroom operations, receiving, and shipping. You will
have strong links with the manufacturing functions as you drive
optimal production schedules across a large catalog of complex
products. You will also be connected to the divisional sourcing and
supply chain groups to optimize supply contracts and system
processes to drive reductions in material holding, purchased
material costs and overall operations logistics to drive our
performance and end to end customer experience.
What you will do:
- Develop and drive the supply chain strategy focused on
operational and customer excellence that aligns with our overall
- Create, manage and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) that
will enable organizational vitality and ensure KPI’s are aligned to
overall business goals; specifically, serve as site owner of the
Past Due Backlog, On-Time Delivery (OTD) and Days of Supply (DOS)
- Drive the continuous improvement culture by focusing on
optimizing Standard Work and adherence to divisional/enterprise
- Develop and manage a high performing team and a culture of
excellence with a focus on continuous improvement and customer
- Instill a sense of urgency and accountability throughout the
supply chain team.
- Partner with key stakeholders, both on site and throughout the
division, to optimize our customer experience.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the SIOP process by
understanding the Demand Plan and developing a site supply
How you will get here:
Requires a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain
Management, Operations Management, Business or similar field.
Master's degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Business,
Industrial Engineering or a similar field preferred.
Black Belt, Master Black Belt, or LEAN Trainer certification
APICS certification preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Experience managing a team and serving as a member of an
organizational leadership group.
- Demonstrated track record in improving business performance and
sustaining in challenging business environments.
- Experience in leading and building teams of individual
contributors, with a track record of attracting and developing
talent, developing bench strengths and managing a complex and
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision)
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or other business
intelligence tool desired.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven track record of building, maturing, and implementing
- Proficient Change Agent capable of redefining and creating
repeatable processes where none exist.
- Comfortable operating in an environment of ambiguity.
- Must possess solid judgment and be able to work autonomously
from established goals and strategic direction.
- Strong analytic skills, business acumen, and supply chain
- Can clearly communicate to all levels within the
- Possesses strategic thinking and can look ahead and respond
proactively - bias for action.
- Strategic problem solver with six sigma and/or LEAN
- Desire to lead and expand within this role and potentially
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 85,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.