Posted on: May 5, 2021
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development Engineers in
the planning and designing of software and web applications focused
on app billing and monetization. Manages projects from design to
testing, including new programs, enhancements, and modifications.
Collaborates with Architects to design highly available and
reliable systems, Quality Assurance Engineers to conduct testing,
and DevOps Engineers to manage and operate infrastructure. Has
overall responsibility for developing / administering performance
standards for the team / organization. Manages a team which may
include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter
guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and
procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the
development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software and web
applications, including new programs, enhancements and
- Provides guidance to the team and other departments in
identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary
point of contact and liaison between engineering and other
- Directs implementation initiatives for new software products
and applications. Organizes software update process for existing
applications and coordinates the roll-out of software
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines,
specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and
prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and
reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological
developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates
competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware / software changes, and other
capital expenditure projects.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work
performance reviews and ensures work performance is adhering to
Company standards. Mentors, trains, and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to
work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime when
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and experience
- Scala and related libraries / frameworks
- Java and related technologies
- Web development / HTML5 / CSS
- Web application development
- RESTful API services
- High availability / high reliability services
- OTT app technology
- Video technology
- Amazon Web Services - serverless, cloud computing, containers,
- CI / CD
Preferred skills and experience
- Billing and commerce software
- MSO or vMVPD infrastructure
- Video player software
- In-app purchasing
- Ad monetization
- Python and other scripting languages
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines
for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put
our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every
touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates
of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially
our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and
being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working
that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company -
by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate
opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and
- This information has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is
not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be
considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in
the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or
in the future.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides
to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales
positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an
applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a
Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We
believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need
when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter
most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance
and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of
your reality – to help support you physically, financially and
emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life.
Please visit the compensation
and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Keywords: Comcast, Sunnyvale , Manager, Engineering, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!