Sr. Program Manager- Dolby Vision
Company: Dolby Sound
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design
the future. At Dolby, science meets art, and high tech means more
than computer code. As a member of the Dolby team, you'll see and
hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to
smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create,
deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the
absolute best talent. We're big enough to give you all the
resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real
difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial
culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and
We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager to join the Consumer
Entertainment Group based in Sunnyvale, CA, to help scale Dolby
Vision and bring the next generation of spectacular video
experiences to market. You will use your business and technical
acumen to ensure that programs are efficiently executed to meet the
strategic market needs and opportunities. You will drive complex
programs from initiation to delivery while using your careful
planning, schedule management, influencing, and communication
skills. We will depend on you to handle a variety of critical
programs with multiple cross-functional dependencies and team
dynamics in order to successfully complete programs within scope,
schedule, cost, and quality.
- You'll drive the activities of cross-functional teams to
develop the newest consumer and professional video technologies for
the Dolby Vision market.
- Work with internal and external partners to ensure alignment of
goals, timelines, expectations, and resolve any issues and/or
- Manage and revise the Plan of Record (POR) to ensure that it
achieves or exceeds the business objectives. Focus on critical
priorities and proactively works to remove obstacles in order to
- Ensure effective teamwork and communication with key
stakeholders and that the overall business objectives are being
- Provide timely and effective program status updates to senior
management and recommend potential corrective actions as
- Partner with key stakeholders in each group to align on overall
objectives and plan and gain their support.
- Anticipate problems and build risk mitigation plans
accordingly. Communicate critical issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Dolby's process methodologies, templates, and tools
are properly applied to all programs.
- Contribute to the refinement of program management
methodologies within Dolby. You'll improve development and business
processes continuously within programs, while coaching and learning
from fellow program managers.
- Experience working with SoC developers and an understanding of
SoC hardware and software architectures, development cycles and
test methodologies are important.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience in driving software
and hardware product development programs from inception to end of
life, as a project and/or program manager.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment requiring
adaptability and collaboration with a focus on delivering
- You should be able to effectively navigate the organizations
formal/informal structures to build relationships in order to
effectively partner and get things done through influence, without
any formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation
skills. Must be comfortable discussing technical details with
engineering teams as well as synthesizing concise core messages for
- Demonstrated ability to drive a cross-functional team towards
complex decision making by using sound judgement and persuasion
across all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge and demonstrable skillful application of program and
project management practices, tools, and processes as they apply to
- Practical experience with risk analysis, conflict resolution
and meeting facilitation.
- Excellent organizer who takes the initiative and can work
independently to achieve goals established in a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool,
PowerPoint, and Excel is a plus.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies, especially in
transitioning large teams from waterfall to scrum.
- Experience in consumer entertainment product development or
technology is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Dolby is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our success
depends on the combined skills and talents of all our employees. We
are committed to making employment decisions without regard to
race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, religion, marital status, family status,
medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions or any other
classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Keywords: Dolby Sound, Sunnyvale , Sr. Program Manager- Dolby Vision, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!