Staff Software Engineer, Data Center Health
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 years with an
- Experience with infrastructure technologies.
- Experience in architecting and developing distributed systems
using a general purpose programming language such as C/C++, Java,
Python, C#, or Go.
- Master's degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a
related technical field.
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams
and setting technical direction.
- Software development experience in C++, Python, or Go.
- Experience with MySQL and Bigtable.
- Experience with large scale data processing and data
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation
technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore,
and interact with information and one another. Our products need to
handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web
search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all
areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing,
large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security,
artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and
mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software
engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's
needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and
our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to
be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to
take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will join the Data Center
Health team to take control of our datacenter footprint. You'll be
directly responsible for delivering reliable compute and storage
for use by all Google products and cloud customers.
You'll automate the detection, mitigation, and repair of
hardware in the datacenter. Our team finds innovative ways to
increase uptime, reduce parts costs, reduce risk, and more
efficiently operate the lifecycle of datacenter hardware. We're
delivering cost savings while enabling new hardware every month.
We're a key component in making Cloud cost-effective and reliable
for Google's internal and external customers.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire
people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take
on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on
millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only
revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability
and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new
platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to
Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are
changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Deliver reliable compute and storage for use by all Google
products and cloud customers.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving
cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and
deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , Staff Software Engineer, Data Center Health, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!