It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and
partners with an audience of 1 billion. Nearly half of Verizon
Media employees are building the code and platforms that help us
achieve that. Whether you're looking to write mobile app code,
engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop
algorithms to help us process 4 trillion data points a day, what
you do here will have a huge impact on our business-and the world.
Want in? As Verizon's media unit, our brands like Yahoo, TechCrunch
and more help people stay informed and entertained, communicate and
transact, while creating new ways for advertisers and partners to
connect. With technologies like XR, AI, machine-learning, and 5G,
we're transforming media for tomorrow, too. We're creators and
coders, dreamers and doers creating what's next in content,
advertising and technology.
We are looking for a talented Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Software Engineer to join the Verizon Media Front-End team. We need
someone who has a passion for maximizing the traffic to a site by
improving page rank within search engines. We are motivated by the
fact that our products are being used by millions of users in the
US and around the world.
* Work closely with the SEO product team to drive top of the
funnel strategic SEO growth across Verizon Media's global
* Always passionate about SEO and have a curious mindset to
understand how new technologies and google algorithm changes can
impact SEO, eg, BERT natural language processing model, search
* Scale our operations by building necessary tooling and
automating essential jobs to ensure editorial and technical SEO
* Diagnose issues that are impacting SEOs, come up with
solutions and implement fixes.
* Collaborate with product, design, the rest of the engineering
teams on executing SEO tactics.
* Be the evangelist of SEO within the engineering organization
to help shape a SEO culture within Verizon Media.
* Work with SEO team to ensure Verizon Media is prepared for
major google changes including major ranking factors changes,
algorithm changes to minimize any operation risk and traffic
* Ensure quality of code by writing tests and doing code
* Build reusable code and libraries.
* Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent (e.g.
3+ years work experience).
* 1+ years of experience as an SEO Developer or similar
* 1+ years of experience in web analytics and marketing.
* 3+ years experience in web development and Front End
engineering within the professional industry.
* Good understanding of SEO principles.
* Must have web hosting experience in order to keep track of the
uptime and downtime of the website.
* Being aware or having good knowledge of SEO tools like Google
analytics, SEMrush, etc. is required.
* Experienced in software engineering processes, tools, methods,
* Proficiency in one or more Front End engineering skills
Node.js, Express, React, Angular).
Webpack, TypeScript, PWA).
* Great interpersonal and communication skills.
* Self-starter, team player
Verizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on
age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any
other protected category. Verizon Media is dedicated to providing
an accessible environment for all candidates during the application
process and for employees during their employment. If you need
accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request
Form (https://www.verizonmedia.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call
408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability
related issues, such as following up on an application, will not
receive a response.
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are
committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages
authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for
everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their
potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and
inclusion (https://www.verizon.com/about/careers/work-culture) page
to learn more.
Currently work for Verizon Media? Please apply on our internal