Company: Juniper Networks
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Information Experience (iX) team develops and delivers the
content our customers need to install, manage, and configure
Juniper's products and solutions. Juniper Networks is all about
powering connections and empowering change. In the iX team we
strive for that daily by:
- Putting teamwork first. We know that we can do so much more
collectively than we can individually. We are respectful,
collaborative, inclusive, and courageous. We also remember a huge
part of teamwork is not taking ourselves too seriously and every
day we try to sprinkle a little bit of fun into the mix.
- Being unafraid to fail. We know that everything won't be done
perfectly the first time. We go for it anyway. When we make
mistakes, we get up, brush ourselves off, learn from the
experience, support each other, and try again.
- Remembering why our work is important. Our job is to help make
our customers successful. We do this through simplified onboarding,
intuitive help in our applications, and giving customers the
content they need when they need it. When we do this, we help make
their lives better, which has intrinsic meaning. We also help make
something essential to life as we know it, connectivity from
anywhere to anywhere, possible. We measure our success against
We are looking for a curious Technical Writer to join our mighty
team! In this role you'll create customer-focused product
documentation, including in-product guidance, comprehensive
concepts, examples, tasks, and reference information for Juniper's
cutting-edge Cloud Services and Network Management products. The
role requires the ability to grasp and translate complex
technologies into easy-to-use content for our customers. The ideal
candidate is a persistent self-starter with strong collaborative
skills, who enjoys continuous learning and professional growth.
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain customer-facing,
best-in-class user documentation.
- Produce a range of deliverables, including getting started
guidance, in-product content and microcopy, video scripts,
installation instructions, short feature descriptions, and
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to
understand and identify requirements and customer needs.
- Analyze specifications and product descriptions and recommend
the best documentation approach.
- Translate engineering documents into prescriptive content that
enables customers to implement the scenarios in their own
- Follow established style and process guidelines to provide
consistency and completeness.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, accurate, and
easy-to-use technical documentation, preferably for advanced
- 2+ years of experience writing product documentation for
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or
related degree or comparable experience.
- Good understanding of technology concepts such as cloud
computing, networking, data centers, security, or other advanced
- Ability to research complex technical concepts (independently
- Familiarity with XML authoring and content management
- Strong problem-solving skills; ability to make progress with
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with DITA/XML authoring principles and content
- Hands-on experience with technology such as cloud computing,
networking, data centers, or security.
- Some experience with one or more modern content concepts such
as Search Engine Optimization (SEO), developing scripts for
instructional videos and multimedia productions, writing microcopy,
User Experience (UX), digital publishing, content/web analytics,
Keywords: Juniper Networks, Sunnyvale , Technical Writer, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!