Security Engineer, Offensive Security/Red Team
Company: Google Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- BS degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or
equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in application-level vulnerability
testing and code-level security auditing.
- MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Relevant work experience in penetration testing or red
- Software development experience in C++, Java, or Python.
- Technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and
network security, authentication, security protocols and applied
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest
operating environment for Google's usersTask and developers.
Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and
actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also
work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix
security flaws and vulnerabilities.
As Google's products handle information at a large scale, we
need to anticipate and protect against attackers targeting Google
and our users.
As an engineer, you can perform realistic offensive security
exercises to simulate real attacks, to test and improve our
detection and response capabilities, and to identify how attackers
could infiltrate and move inside our infrastructure.
With your technical expertise, you'll create scenarios that
advanced attackers might use to compromise our security. You will
emulate both the techniques used by known groups, and create new
techniques that attackers might attempt in the future. After each
exercise, you'll thoroughly document findings and present the
results to partners and leadership.
You'll work closely with blue teams to improve our detection
capabilities, and other parts of security team and affected product
teams to design defense-in-depth controls that limit attackers'
ability to move inside our network. You use your excellent judgment
to suggest improvements where they are most impactful.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure
team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies
that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether
working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer
technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers
and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end
experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Work with a team of hackers to plan and execute realistic
offensive security exercises.
- Build tools and infrastructure to support our exercises.
- Design controls and improvements to sharpen our capabilities to
defend against attackers in close cooperation with the teams
responsible for implementing them.
- Document and present results to a variety of target audiences,
ranging from highly technical engineers over non-technical subject
matter experts to senior leadership.
Keywords: Google Inc., Sunnyvale , Security Engineer, Offensive Security/Red Team, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!