Company: CB Richard Ellis
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for ensuring the business make better decisions
through collection and usage of data. Ensures business data and
analysis requirements are met by properly applying data concepts,
including data structures, collection and cleansing, and structured
and unstructured data analysis and reporting. Ability to collect,
analyze, manipulate, and report on CBRE data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs ad-hoc, strategic analysis of structured and
unstructured data across multiple data sources, reflecting global
real estate markets and the operations of real estate assets.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect,
cleanse, and standardize data in order to generate insights and
address reporting needs.
- Defines data requirements and gathers and validates the
information, using judgment and statistical tests.
- Utilizes programming and analytical tools, including
open-source programs including Python, R, SQL, or similar
relational database tools to formulate models and/or extract
insights. Well-versed in the knowledge of creating algorithms,
identifying patterns and insights from structured and unstructured
data sets utilizing graphs, trees, and/or other data representation
techniques as required.
- Identifies and troubleshoots data integration and integrity
issues in cooperation with the appropriate CBRE business units;
Designs workflows and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize data usage, applying
modeling and optimization methods to develop new strategies and
improve business performance.
- Develops ad-hoc analytics and reporting based on analysis of
existing data sources, utilizing a variety of tools (i.e.
- Exhibits analytical rigor, judgment, and the ability to present
a comprehensive 'data story' to multiple levels of the
- Other Duties as Assigned
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May
provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or
training to coworkers. May coordinate and assign tasks to
co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from top tier school in computer science,
math, engineering, or related field with a minimum of 3 years of
experience in quantitative analysis, data modeling, reporting,
relational database tools, data warehousing, database architecture,
and SQL, SAS, and/or SPSS including 2-3 years technical experience
in software development, machine learning or statistical analysis,
data engineering and data visualization related work.
- Experience with Tableau highly preferred. Experience with some
reporting visualization tools (PowerBI, Looker, etc..)
- Experience with GCP preferred, but experience with AWS, Azure
or GCP required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong
organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient,
timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to
effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability
to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts,
and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents.
Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Experience with G Suite preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with an understanding of procedures and company
policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for
setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause
short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor
Keywords: CB Richard Ellis, Sunnyvale , Data Analyst, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!