Posted on: May 3, 2021
Director, UX Design
UX Director Platform
Equinix is one of the fastest-growing data center companies,
growing connectivity betweencustomers and partnersworldwide.We
arealways looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can
help us achieve our goal ofservice experience excellence.
With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning 5
continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud
and IT services companies that are directly engaged in
technological innovation and development. We are passionateabout
delivering software products and services that help our ecosystem
create and sustain globalnetwork architecture, network operations,
and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more
reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard
problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new
approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart
of our success and its our authentic, humble, gritty people who
create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning
and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
As the leader of our Platform UX group and member of the UX
Leadership Team, you will be a senior leader in the UX organization
and will be expected to help shape our emerging culture,
organizational processes, and the leadership skills of more junior
leaders in the group.
We are looking for a strong UX experience leader that will build
and lead a team of world-class digital experience designers to
achieve our digital experience platform customer journey. This role
- Lead our Platform UX group which includes our Transactions UX,
Customer Operations UX, and Post Purchase/Subscription UX
- Build effective partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders
in product management, engineering, customer operations, and
customer experience organizations to ensure healthy and productive
outcomes in the initiation, delivery, and post-release of global
capabilities across our products and services.
- Mentor junior managers as they build their team leadership
skills fostering open dialog, a supportive and learning culture
- Use outstanding verbal, presentation, and written communication
skills to advocate for the practice of design and user research in
ways that visibly create opportunities for your team to do the best
work of their careers.
- Strike a balance between time to market and experience quality
(constantly managing tradeoffs in support of your team).
Keep the customers ease of use as a top priority while aligning to
- Advocate for UX being a first-class citizen in the Agile
development methodology ensuring the team under your leadership has
appropriate resources and timelines to deliver at the highest
- Flex your Design Thinking skills to stage and capitalize on
workshops to further project design objectives, our team processes,
and operating model.
- Partner with our UX Research Practice to gather user feedback
and test user reaction and perceptions to early concepts and close
to final prototypes. Analyze results to provide actionable data and
insights to product management, engineering, and customer success
- Be a change agent with a forward-looking attitude willing to be
self-reflective and model a learning mindset as we grow and evolve
UX at Equinix.
- Practice servant leadership methods to demonstrate to the team
and the broader UX organization a willingness to actively support
and nurture the highly capable talent under your leadership.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the fields of
Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Human-Computer
Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Sciences, or related
- Able to work from out our Sunnyvale product development center
(when we return to office)
- Masters Degree in a related field preferred
- 15+ years of experience in the UX field required
- 10+ years of experience in leading User Experience design teams
- 6+ years of experience in Cloud, SaaS, and technology platform
- Experience leading a design team across multiple geographies
(this team is spread across the US and Singapore)
- Previous experience in enterprise software solutions in B2B
with a focus on IT infrastructure, networking, or related
industries a strong plus
- Experienced in agile development with a proven track record of
managing the process and demonstrating UX efficacy in the
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual
with a disability.
Keywords: Equinix, Sunnyvale , Director, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!