Fitness Program Coordinator (20210209)
Company: Trustmark Insurance
Posted on: May 3, 2021
HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a Fitness Program
Coordinator at our client site located in Sunnyvale, CA. In this
position, you will be responsible for the development, planning,
coordination, marketing and/or implementation of designated health
and fitness programs and events, maximizing participation and
engagement. This position also manages program delivery process and
teams, ensures all staff are properly trained, monitors quality and
reports on program outcomes. This individual may also participate
in program delivery and perform other staff responsibilities such
as instructing group exercise classes; personal training;
conducting fitness tests, exercise prescriptions, and orientations;
and fitness floor coverage and facility oversight.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees all programming within designated areas; develops,
coordinates, manages, implements and evaluates health and fitness
programs within specified program areas to maximize participation,
outcomes and customer satisfaction and supervision of programs,
services and staff. Ensures staff is properly trained and
- Facilitates the close alignment of programs with the client's
business needs, employee culture and corporate health strategies.
Coordinates marketing of programs to maximize outreach and
engagement; develops and distributes electronic and print
promotional materials to communicate program offerings and special
- Gathers program outcomes data and measures results; evaluates
and reports on program effectiveness in meeting objectives and
makes recommendations for future program enhancements or
- Researches health & fitness educational topics within their
specified areas and identifies appropriate participant educational
- Participates in business planning and budgeting process
relating to program and service offerings in their area of
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction as
applicable; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize
exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion,
Kinesiology or related discipline and 1+ years related experience
or equivalent combination of education, certifications and
- Personal Training certification from ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA or
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from American
Heart Association, American Red Cross or American Safety & Health
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coordinating and delivering
effective programs including budgeting, marketing and
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills
including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at
minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a
team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription if
- 3 year industry experience.
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
HealthFitness is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse
workforce to create great opportunities for our people and our
business. EOE/AA. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago
Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.
Keywords: Trustmark Insurance, Sunnyvale , Fitness Program Coordinator (20210209), Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!