Sr. Operations Program Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company
that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics.
Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc.,
originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products.
Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire
tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices
group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving
customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
The Product Operations group is looking for an individual who
wants to work on a business that is growing at a rapid pace. We are
a critical part of the Product Management and Hardware development
process and are accountable for successful fulfillment for product
launches and ongoing support. Our team is growing and needs new
talent to increase the capabilities of our current systems and
drive continuous improvement.
As a Senior Operations Program Manager, you will engage with an
experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and
develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive,
flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer
environment. In this role, you will:
- Be the leader and accountable for the Operations and Supply
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex programs -
program management, facilitation, work prioritization, planning and
- Have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Manage schedule health by driving weekly meetings with
manufacturing partner for build planning and readiness, with input
and support from cross-functional leads.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and manufacturing
partner to develop manufacturing processes, process flows, capacity
model, equipment/ fixture designs, quality control plans, establish
implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any
- Represent all of Operations within the product design teams and
the organization at large. Use previous experience to influence and
negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, error proofing and
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams and manufacturing
partner to record, drive and ensure resolution of all technical and
- Influence cross functional teams across the organization
- Report out on program updates on a weekly, monthly basis to all
levels of the organization.
- Travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management,
product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- *Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply
- *7+ years of experience in supply chain and/or manufacturing in
a hardware company
- *7+ years of experience managing cross-functional projects and
programs with tight deadlines
- *Experience working with contract manufacturing teams
- *Working knowledge of all factory operations including IQC,
SMT, Assembly, Test and Packing.
- *Experience working with overseas partners
- Advanced degrees in Operations Management,
Mathematics/Engineering, or an MBA with a quantitative focus
- Proven ability to influence others, facilitate agreement among
stakeholders with different interests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, building
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and working
of complex systems
- Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and
the desire to create and build new processes
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral
communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to
getting things done
- Experience in Consumer Electronics
- Proven track record of bringing up manufacturing partners for
NPI builds and support through mass production ramp, product launch
and handover to sustaining.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability,
age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with
disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Sunnyvale , Sr. Operations Program Manager, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!