Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Assemble, level and fit preformed piping/tubing, flanges, fittings
and valves to products and measure, cut and bend tubing and piping
according to established detail information. Work with and/or
assist journey level Pipefitters as required.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Pipe threading machines, radiac and power saw, pedestal and
portable grinders, pipe bender, tubing bender, cutter and flaring
tools. Pneumatic, electric and hydraulic tools. Hand tools such as
wrenches, hammers, files, hack saw, Ferulset tool, squares, tape,
level, vice. Shields, safety glasses, gloves, etc.
Ferrous and nonferrous pipe, tubing, fittings, valves for products
such as turbines, gears, generator sets, blowers, pedestals,
reservoirs, land steam and special products, thread compounds,
Teflon tape, paper, rag.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Direct support personnel assigned in the performance of basic
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS DESCRIPTION
DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT,
NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE FOR THE
Perform the duties of Assembly Helper and in addition perform the
- Receive work assignment from supervision.
- Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI
package including drawings, change notices, operation sheets,
specifications and work authorizations.
- Assemble , level and fit preformed and straight pipe, flanges,
fittings, valves and hardware where parts, locations and methods
- Measure, cut and thread tubing and piping according to detail
drawings and information.
- Measure, cut and bend by hand tubing to detailed drawings and
information or from preformed sample.
- Load, operate, and unload pipe benders to bend pipe to
specification where layout of piping and setup of machine stops and
locating fixtures has already been completed.
- Clean piping and tubing arrangements for welding.
- Make proper time charge entries and record data as
- Identify parts in accordance with method specified..
- Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly
- Perform other work of equal or lower classification as
required.This is a Union Represented Position
- H.S Diploma or GED
- Must have experience with basic shop measuring tools and
ability to accurately use trigonometric and geometric
- Must have computer usage skills Preferred Qualifications:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
fitter, install, pipe, pipefitter, pipelayer, plumb, plumber,
plumbing designer, repair, sprinkler
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Sunnyvale , PIPEFITTER C, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!