Company: Intuitive Surgical
Posted on: April 3, 2021
At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is
life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology,
we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes
us unique. As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have
been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a
difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided
our journey to help solve some of healthcare's complex
challenges.-- We believe a great idea can come from
anywhere-inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We
value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn,
the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us
think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to
support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our
mission and strive to achieve their highest potential. Join a team
committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of
healthcare professionals and their patients. Together,--let's--help
to advance the world of minimally invasive care.-- Primary Function
of Position: The primary objective for this person is to lead an
assembly line(s) that builds a variety of products meeting quality
and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment.
This person would work closely with fellow team members, Engineers
and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas
of Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap,
Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each
of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is
measured against them. Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor team-member performance (safety, quality, efficiency,
attendance) and escalate issues to management as needed
- Create and distribute daily production reports that includes
performance to plan, quality issues, and equipment/fixture
- Perform preparation work such as line start-up, line clearance,
setting up production boards , setting up goals for each work
station, and job daily job rotations
- Operate and set up (as needed), production
- Perform inspection and rework of products as needed
- Prepare and present weekly production data during weekly
- Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as
- Monitor job rotation on the production lines to comply with
- Participate in training meetings and provide training plan for
employees to ensure job rotation.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic
material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record
measurements as needed. May report work order information into
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of
point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material
- Provide first-line technical support to resolve production
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives with
Engineering and Quality teams
- Support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a
Mfg. based team.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement
corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate design for manufacturability (with respect to tooling
and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or
tooling concepts during early design process phase to
- Be knowledgeable of multiple assembly tasks while meeting
requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Review existing operational and process discrepancies in
manufacturing and provide technical expertise to improve
- Review BOM and Traveler/ MPI discrepancies and initiate
Engineering Change orders to update/improve.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production
policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Support goals for respective manufacturing cell.
- Assemble products to support demand, as needed. Skill/Job
- Minimum Experience: 6 years of manufacturing assembly
experience or a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing assembly ISI
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma.
- Prefer Intuitive Surgical Tech 3 or Tech 4 but must be in good
standing for at least the past 12 months or as determined by area
Production Manager. Areas that will be considered are: attendance,
conduct, productivity, teamwork, and quality.
- Proficient in Agile and/or SAP
- Proficient in training/mentoring other Assembly
- Proficient at quality record documentation
- Demonstrates leadership and communication ability
- Demonstrates understanding of basic operational principles of
assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure
modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to build product with very minimum
- Must be recommended for promotion from the area Production
Manager and Management team. Promotion approval may be subject to
interview process. Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all
qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age,
religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic
information or any other status protected under federal, state, or
local applicable laws. We will consider for--employment
qualified--applicants with arrest and conviction records in
accordance with fair chance laws.
Keywords: Intuitive Surgical, Sunnyvale , Manufacturing Lead, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!