People & Culture Strategic Business Partner
Posted on: January 18, 2020
The People & Culture Strategic Business Partner partners with
business units to deliver People & Culture services and solutions
that focus on achieving results which are aligned with the larger
picture of the organization and its strategic goals. Acts as a
consultant to the business on the use of P&C policies, programs
and offerings. Develops and implements P&C programs to meet
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to
this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of
all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so
* Develop and maintain credible value-adding business partner
relationships with the leadership team to drive business
performance ensuring Lendlease is a great place to work for all
* Identify ways to increase staff retention and productivity,
including strategies to enhance employee engagement, improve
communication, leadership and staff development, regular feedback
and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a vibrant
* Partner with the business to deliver and implement a culture of
employee well-being and workplace flexibility.
STRATEGIC WORKFORCE PLANNING:
* Partner with leadership to create lean scalable Business Unit
structures that align company processes and management functions
with the organization s strategy.
* Spearhead Span of Control reviews for each BU and develop
strategy to ensure increased spans with as few layers as
* Working with leadership, identify ineffective/inefficient aspects
of work flow, procedures, structures and systems and
develop/recommend strategies to realign them to fit current
business realities/goals and oversee change management plans to
* Identify opportunities to improve BU performance to meet business
targets and work with all parts of the business to provide
* Review the basis by which jobs are classified and grouped
together and develop strategies that ensure optimization of
* Leverage a detailed understanding of the organizations long term
strategy, identify capabilities, roles and size of workforce
required to deliver objectives of long-term strategy.
* Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement
and evaluate a Talent Management Strategy to achieve the
organization s vision, mission and goals, and to create value to
* Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure
effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business.
* Ensure the delivery of the annual business plan by acting as a
member of the leadership team, while demonstrating the brand values
and displaying appropriate leadership behaviors.
TALENT & SUCCESSION:
* Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs,
develop core competencies and corresponding development
* Coach and guide leadership to ensure the right leaders and the
right capabilities are deployed at all levels.
* Identify and recommend deliberate and thoughtful development and
learning to build a talented and capable workforce to deliver
* Drive talent management activities that set out clear Career
Paths and development options for key talent populations
* Spearheading a Capability Strategy, ensure that the workforce
develops the capabilities required to drive the business in new and
changing market requirements.
* Coach managers on effective talent management and drive the
Succession Planning process with BU leaders and their teams to
ensure managers and other key individuals are rated against the
9-Box and a strategy fitting their rating is implemented to prepare
them for future opportunity.
* Identify and recommend candidates for HiPo programs and partner
with their managers to ensure a strong focus is maintained on
development of these key individuals.
* Engage with leadership to drive greater compliance and efficient
administration of the performance management process, making sure
that the organization s managers are equipped to engage in
constructive and ongoing feedback and coaching and encourage staff
to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance
* Consult with people managers to ensure all employees have clear
outcome focused goals for their areas of responsibility.
* Guide individual employees on career management and development
* Consult with managers on employee development and/or performance
management issues ensuring that any performance gaps are swiftly
addressed with the employee.
* Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive
training and education, clear systems and processes for managing
conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating
complaints of harassment/discrimination and other allegations.
* Provide managers and supervisors with guidance on consistent
policy and procedure implementation, whereby ensuring compliance
with government regulations.
* Exhibit comprehensive knowledge of employment law at local, state
and federal levels.
* Work with hiring managers to review open position and develop a
hiring strategy that includes actions to address alternative
methods of performing the work, job structures, capability gaps
within the team that should be addressed through the
* Coach managers on effective behavioral interview techniques to
ensure best fit for the role and the team is achieved.
* Manage retained search agreements coordinating with Head of
* Manage College Recruiting efforts within area to ensure that
business units are aware of national college recruiting strategy
and how to coordinate efforts.
* Work with Corporate Immigration Manager to address immigration
issues (localization of international assignees, visas for new
employees, applications for permanent residency, and repatriation
of international assignees).
* Ensure diversity in our recruitment practices.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
* Implement the Performance Management and Incentive Compensation
process within the area.
* Review salary recommendations for consistency and EEO impact.
* Work with senior leaders to develop strategies to ensure
equitable compensation spread at all levels both in terms of
performance and seniority
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT:
* Partner with Corporate Learning & Development and Foundation to
provide training opportunities to stretch and grow performance and
capability that is aligned to meet career aspirations.
* Facilitate and present Learning and Development Initiatives as
* Develop and deliver local training programs.
* Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect
continual improvements in efficiency of department and services
* Manage Group P&C projects as needed.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor s degree in Business, People & Culture or related field
advanced degree in highly desired.
* 10 or more years of related People & Culture work experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of Employment Law, P&C best practices
and their applications
* Must have a proactive/collaborative approach, see issues from all
perspectives, and interface with employees at all levels of the
* Must be able to build robust relationships with senior leaders
and other key members of the organization.
* Must possess knowledge and ability to be able to be a strong,
effective business partner.
* Advanced communication, presentation, interpersonal, and
persuasive skills. Display good judgment and ability to maintain
* Must be able to effectively develop and implement P&C
Keywords: Lendlease, Sunnyvale , People & Culture Strategic Business Partner, Other , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!