University Graduate Hire - Advanced Technology Group
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Organizations count on NetApp for cutting-edge ways to store,
manage, move and protect their data. And we never let them down.
Continually breaking new ground is norm here. We make sure of it
with an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh thinking.
Right from day one, we ll encourage you to share your views,
challenge opinions and push boundaries. And thanks to mentoring and
leadership programs that help you build on your personal and
professional passions, you ll develop your skills as fast as your
Are you passionate about cutting edge technologies, have a start-up
mindset and want to work in a proven "Best Places to Work" company*
Do you enjoy participating in technical projects, early
prototyping, and being a technical force through proof of
Are you seeking to discover new solutions in:
* Data management & next generation storage architectures
* Flash/PCM technologies
* Cloud storage
* Virtualization & server architectures
* Big Data analytics and cloud computing
* Parallel programming for scalable services
* Automatic diagnosis, prediction, decision making, machine
* Network virtualization and programmable software-defined
* Distributed software architecture
* File systems design, security, deduplication, scalability and
The Advanced Technology Group is the innovation incubator within
NetApp, responsible for researching, prototyping, and evaluating
new ideas. We work directly with internal product groups to apply
these ideas to existing and future products, thus having a
directional impact on the Storage Industry. We also take pride in
sponsoring university research and collaborate with research groups
at many U.S. Universities.
In this role, you will participate in all phases of project
development, from definition and design through technology transfer
* Concept Research & Analysis
* Software development, test, delivery
* Reliability & Performance analysis
* Publication generation and presentation both internally and
We invest heavily in new talent. Your energy and fresh ideas are
vital to cementing our position as a market-leader. We ll push you
beyond your comfort zone with a belief that no idea is off limits.
At the same time, you ll have all the resources, mentoring and
feedback you need to grow. What s more, whatever your role, you can
be yourself in a team that celebrates individuality and welcomes
different perspectives. Job Requirements
* Strong programming skills & experience with distributed systems
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and
demonstrate leadership characteristics.
* A strong understanding of complex concepts related to computer
architecture, data structures and programming practices.
* Ability to develop long-range project plans and schedules for
individuals or for a small team.
* Strong verbal and written communication and presentation
* Experience with Kernel programming internals: UNIX, BSD, Linux,
* File system knowledge
* Familiarity common file system architectures
* In depth knowledge of one or more core kernel functions:
* Virtual memory
* Network protocol implementation
* Resource allocation and management
* File system implementation
Must have graduated within the past 18 months or will graduate in
May/June 2020 with a Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science,
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , University Graduate Hire - Advanced Technology Group, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!