Web Security Solutions Architect
Posted on: August 17, 2019
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
Proofpoint is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales
Engineer to focus on our Web Security platform for Fortune 500
organizations throughout the Eastern US and Canada. This role will
interact with CIO/CISO level individuals in large enterprise
organizations, in addition to technical security staff for both
current and prospective customers. This individual will be a major
contributor to our aggressive plans regarding market share and
product footprints in this space. Candidates for this role can be
located in any major metropolitan geo in the Eastern US.
- As a critical member of the Proofpoint sales team, engage with
both current and prospective customers in person, by phone and/or
- Provide technical pre-sales support for both direct and channel
sales teams throughout North America.
- Build rapport, trust and credibility with customers and
partners, as they will rely on your expertise for the entire sales
- Deliver dynamic and exciting product demonstrations, as well as
conduct technical discovery meetings to ensure a well crafted
solution for each engagement.
- Expertly deploy and conduct Proof of Concept (POC) as well as
production evaluations, live in customer environments
- You might, periodically, be called upon to assist in
professional services deployments, technical training, and industry
seminars and/or trade shows
- You will be able to provide valuable customer insight and real
world experiences to Product Management, Marketing and Product
Development (Engineering) teams to help keep our solutions the best
in the industry.
- You will become an expert in Web Security and Browser
Isolation, as well as other security facets, keeping abreast of
threat landscape, with one eye always on what the bad guys are up
- You will be helping solve one of the biggest issues to face IT
in the last 20 years.
What you bring to the team
- 7+ years of experience as a sales/systems engineer, delivering
complex security solutions into enterprise accounts
- Strong background in Cybersecurity including advanced threat
protection, cloud security, malware protection and/or incident
- In-depth and hands on technical experience and expertise with
Web Security and/or Browser Isolation products such as Weblife,
Menlo Security, Symantec Bluecoat/Fireglass, Zscaler, ForcePoint
(Websense), or other similar tools.
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network
configuration and components (firewalls, routers, proxies,
- Knowledge of advanced malware detection, SIEM, and forensic
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both
verbal and written
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
or in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- You enjoy working with people, and helping them solve their
- Security certifications such as CISSP are strongly
- You are educated equivalent to a Bachelor in Computer Science,
whether formally or not.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Keywords: Proofpoint, Sunnyvale , Web Security Solutions Architect, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!