Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & Micro-services
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers
gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data
anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver
data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy
new applications that easily use data and services regardless of
where they reside or in what form. Job Summary
NetApp is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the
foundation team of NetApp s Data Fabric Cloud Service.
In this role, you will be part of a team of engineers focused on
building the core services for NetApp s Data Fabric strategy. You
will build expertise in coding and automating containerized
microservices on Kubernetes and invent new ways of automating
workflows across public and private clouds. You will be creating a
cutting-edge hybrid cloud data management platform and the services
that NetApp developers and some of the world s largest and most
creative companies will extend with their own code and automations
to solve complex data, application and infrastructure
* 8+ years of professional software development experience
* 4+ years of programming experience with at least one modern
language such as Golang, Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented
* 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and
design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of
new and current systems i.e. RESTful web services.
* Proficiency in Linux environments and container technologies for
build and testing purposes
* Experience with databases, NoSQL and SQL, such as MongoDB and
* Experience with a continuous delivery model of deploying
* Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment
in driving operational excellence, big picture thinking and best
* Excellence in technical communication with peers and
non-technical people alike
* Experience with Python, NodeJS for the purposes of backend
services and APIs
* Experience in test driven development practices
* Experience developing cloud software services and an
understanding of design for scalability, performance, and
* Hands-on knowledge of container orchestration frameworks like
* Experience with ONTAP, CVS or other NetApp products a plus but
not a requirement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, OR equivalent
* NetApp offers competitive pay, benefits and bonuses. It s been
voted the best place to work for many years and in many
* An environment in which you can balance great work with a great
* The Cloud Data Services business unit builds cutting edge
services and benefits from decades of experience of that NetApp has
as a leader in enterprise hardware and software
* NetApp s employs over 10 thousand people but our team is new and
small. We are located in 3 countries; we use Slack, Gitlab and the
Atlassian product line to operate smoothly.
* We want you for what you bring to the team.
* Tags: Software Engineer, Kubernetes, Cloud Computing, Front End
development , Full Stack development, , Microservices, Node-red,
NodeJs, Meteor, Vue
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what s important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Senior Software Engineer, Cloud & Micro-services, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!