Technical Lead, Cloud Design Engineer
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Are you data-driven* We at NetApp believe in the transformative
power of data to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater
innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for
simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future
opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority
for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full
potential of their data.
We ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world to simplify and
integrate data management across the resources that are best for
the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the
power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and
modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers
gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data
anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver
data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy
new applications that easily use data and services regardless of
where they reside or in what form.
Join the rapidly growing Cloud Data Services team, delivering a
portfolio of offerings that helps customers harness the power of
public, hybrid, multi-cloud and Data Fabric solutions thus enabling
modern data management applications and services.
As part of the product engineering function, the overall focus is
on competitive market and customer requirements, technology
advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. This
position requires an individual to be a visionary, creative,
self-driven to produce results for the group and demonstrated
ability to work in highly dynamic workplace. You will work as part
of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product
development and strategy around cloud and various hyperscaler
* Act as a technical lead, Design and determine the product
direction; influence the technical decisions to the management
* Exercise considerable latitude, without appreciable direction, in
determining technical objectives, and meeting project
* Explore new cutting edge technologies, Work on implementation &
verification of NetApp Cloud products
* Demonstrable ability to own and deliver projects and results of
increasing technical complexity -on time and with quality
* Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will
contribute towards team, department and company goals
* Provide inputs to product roadmap
* Work without close supervision and with proactive goal-oriented
* Ability to balance priorities and work on multiple efforts
* Strong judgment, issues management, analytical and problem
analysis techniques; Organization and coordination skills
* Proactive contributor and subject matter expert
* Excellent team work and communication skills (both written and
verbal), sound exposure to customer (external stakeholders)
* Work with globally spread teams includes partners, vendors &
* Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing
* Hands on experience in product development and in building highly
scalable and secure high performance applications
* 2+ years of experience as technical lead, directly leading and
guiding technical staff
* Ideally 8+ years of professional full stack programming
experience OR front end focused experience and or backend focused
programming experience is highly desirable as well.
* Deep understanding and expertise in any one of the modern
* Deep Knowledge in microservices architecture, cloud native
development and deployments with (Kubernetes) ; RESTful APIs,
queuing and messaging, design & architectural patterns and
application and workload sizing and handling infrastructure
* Cloud and On-prem Infrastructure: Experience with either of the
hyperscalers such as AWS, GCP or Azure, Infrastructure as a Service
and Container as a service
* Familiar with Ingress & Egress network policies, load balancers,
and networked storage such as NFS and persistent volumes for
* Development experience with database technologies SQL and
* Native understanding of various testing tools and quality
* Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall
* Conduct code reviews and ensure being complaint to the given
* Follow standard engineering principles and practices.
* Team player, a critical thinker and problem-solver.
* Aptitude to learn new skills
* Good time-management, strong interpersonal and communication
skills, willing to work with globally spread teams
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 10 + years of experience is required
* Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex
* Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science / Information
Engineering, a Master Degree, or equivalent in experience is
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as
we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to
change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is
inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the
heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity,
teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people
are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate.
Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be
data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our
customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it s
the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance
for our employees because what s important to them is important to
us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages
employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through
birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious
health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class,
offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate
their time with their favorite organizations. We provide
comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you
and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services,
and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer
financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Keywords: NetApp, Sunnyvale , Technical Lead, Cloud Design Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!