Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Company: Micro Focus
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Sr. Software Engineer (Java)Job Description:
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The
fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our
software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and
scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between
existing and emerging ITfast-tracking digital transformations
across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In
the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear
Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps - IT Operations- Cloud - Security - Info Governance - Big
Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
ArcSight, a Micro Focus company, is seeking an ambitious software
engineer who possesses a strong understanding of software
engineering processes and methodologies as well as object-oriented
design and development experience. In this role, you will have a
unique opportunity to work as a key developer within a team that is
responsible for server-side design and development of ArcSight
flagship product.The Work:
- Help design and develop the next generation of ArcSight SIEM
- Work with Java and other related technologies to design,
develop and integrate new features into existing high-performance
- Contribute to architecture, tools, standards and
- Produce high quality, efficient design and implementation on
- Participate in maintaining code ownership areas.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to deliver
- Demonstrate effective leadership, mentoring and communication
- 5+ years Java server-side development experience.
- Solid foundation in Computer Science such as data structures,
computational algorithms and concurrency.
- Strong familiarity with OO design and development
- Fluency in Java; experience in designing and developing
Java-based server-side applications.
- Understanding of RDBMS, hands-on JDBC experience.
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux
- Experience in building high-performance scalable systems is a
- Prior experience with distributed / real-time systems
- Experience with agile development practices is a plus.
- Ability to operate effectively and independently or as a team
member in a dynamic, fluid environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and tools
- Effective communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics; MS
Job:EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without
discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally
Keywords: Micro Focus, Sunnyvale , Sr. Software Engineer (Java), IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!