BL Summer Intern - Data Analytics
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people
and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services
for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help
communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises
deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists
and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies
that will increasingly transform the way people and things
communicate and connect.
Nokia Bell Labs, the Nobel Prize winning research organization, is
accepting applications for our competitive internship program.
Our interns will have the opportunity to learn from and work with
world experts, and the best and brightest minds, who solve the most
formidable networking and communications challenges confronting our
world through disruptive innovation and research. Our internship
program will expand your field of study by exposing you to an
unparalleled diversity of people, expertise and perspectives. You
will work within our small team of engineers to develop seriously
cool, high impact projects, spanning several research areas.
In this role, you will be working on technologies for autonomous
log analysis and network intervention for Nokia`s Mission to the
Moon (MttM) program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS
* Interface with BTS log server, hosted on PL-VPU, that receives
and stores FZM streamed logs
* Analyze (live) streamed logs, for known problem signature
* Scale down expert ML-based log analysis tools (e.g. ASR) for
implementation on computationally constrained VPU platform
* Alert ground segment NEC, about imminent LTE network failure
* Autonomously take mitigation/remedial actions, where
QUALIFICATIONS (CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE A SUBSET OF):
* Strong software development skills in C/C++, Java, JS, Python
* Excellent knowledge of Machine Learning concepts and their
* Experience on embedded development platforms (Raspberry Pi,
BeagleBone, Arduino, etc.)
* PCB schematics, board layout and design tools (Altium, OrCAD
* Familiarity with tools and online algorithms for processing
* Strong team player with ability to work within multidisciplinary
* Excellent interpersonal skills and written/verbal communication
Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 or above.
Must be enrolled as a full-time student, pursuing a Bachelor
s/Master s/PhD degree.
Work Authorization: U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred.
Will accept students on F-1 Visa dependent upon program
requirements or may consider sponsoring short-term J1 Visa PhD
students dependent upon program requirements.
Education Requested: Must be pursuing a degree in Electrical
Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Biochemistry,
Biomedical Engineering, Biophysics, Mathematics, Mechanical
Engineering, Design, Physics, Statistics, Systems Engineering and
Telecommunications from an accredited college/university..
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Nokia, Sunnyvale , BL Summer Intern - Data Analytics, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!