Prncpl Software Engineer
Company: ARRIS Group, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Ruckus Networks, an ARRIS company, we are constantly redefining connectivity to create a smarter, simpler, more connected world. We are a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services.
Our Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi, LTE, and Switching technology redefines whats possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
Our canine mascot symbolizes our business built on deep relationships with our partners and an obsessive dedication to our end-customers. Dogs are fiercely loyal and known to go to extremes for the benefit of the pack. We win when our customers win, and that drives everything we do.
We are looking for hands-on software engineer for developing and supporting the Cloud LTE Management solution.
AS PART OF THIS ROLE, THE CANDIDATE WILL:
Triage the customer issues to narrow down the scope of products which belongs to the Cloud Management system, EPC, or end-point LTE device, and then address which software component went wrong.
Analyze the system log and compare with the working model to check the expected software process flow
Co-work with function developers to check the availability, reliability, and performance of software patch and fix
Deliver the patch to QA or DevOps with the root cause analysis, following up to check the issue gets resolved
Implement the new LTE Management features, aligned with the remote Development teams requirements.
Support on-calling for urgent issue resolving and issue monitoring needs during the evening and weekends.
Provide Technical Knowledge Transferring to QA, DevOps and System Engineers teams.
Communicate with function developer, QA engineer, DevOps Engineer, System Engineers and customer support engineer.
In some occasions even communicate with the customer directly to coordinate and optimize the process of the hot issues.
Provide the software patch information to the internal and external engineering to maintain and judge the fix escalation scope in each software release
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another technical field or equivalent practical experience
3 years of work experience implementing Java programming language, J2EE, application servers..
Strong debugging skills, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience with Cloud based applications
* 2 years' experience in the networking industry
* 3 years experience working on Linux.
* Team player and self-driven with a Can-Do approach.
* Collaborate in a cohesive, energetic, cross-functional and open environment
* Independent, flexible to changes.
* Solid ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines and changing requirements.
* Actual experience writing and deploying apps over PaaS like Google cloud or AWS.
* Solid understanding of routing and network protocols
* Experience implementing micro-services architecture
* Experience with Web Services (including Rest/SOAP).
* Familiarity with LTE
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status
Keywords: ARRIS Group, Inc., Sunnyvale , Prncpl Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Sunnyvale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!